Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

old toilet

Options
Timco
Timco Member Posts: 3,040
There are two ways for water to get to the bowl from the tank. 1) flapper is leaking. Yours likely has a ball style which Ace, Lowes or HD will have on the shelf. If the ball will not just thread off yours, they all will have the brass pieces to replace the entire ball flapper assy. 2) the tank is over-filling and running down the overflow tube and needs a new fill valve. Yours may be a float type with the arm & ball float, but you can use any fill valve that has an extendable body to suit your needs.

Tim
Just a guy running some pipes.

Comments

• Dan_18
    Dan_18 Member Posts: 20
    Options
    old toilet

I have a old toilet its wall mounted and I need to get some parts for it. The name in side the bowl says No2 Alban syphon Hoy @ co Albany N.Y. The toilet leaks by from the tank to the bowl like a seal has worn out but I cant figur what the seal may have looked like. Any help on this would be great. Thanks in advance, Dan.
  • kpc_20
    kpc_20 Member Posts: 19
    Options
    is it leaking..

from the bowl into the tank or from the bowl on to the floor?
  • Dan_18
    Dan_18 Member Posts: 20
    Options

From the tank in to the bowl. thanks
  • Aidan (UK)
    Aidan (UK) Member Posts: 290
    Options
    Syphon

Is it a syphonic cistern, rather than one with a flapper valve?

There's some information here;

http://www.users.waitrose.com/~ttagrevatt/vlav/works_cisterns.html

• Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    bag out the interior float fill tube angle stop flapper valve

put new parts back in it from the wall and into the tank

there are numerous minor technicalities in every kind of work..some older toilets have brass parts and pieces that corrode in places that you cannot readily ascertain on first perusal..meaning ... you touch the pieces and now you have created another problem to repair..

while there are some pressure assisted wall hung 20 years old i am inclined to thing that is not what you would want to consider "Repairing" i am thinking you are money ahead to replace the entire finish lash up from the wall ...that way you wont be back at it next week ..

This discussion has been closed.