Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

High Pressure AC

Options
High velocity system still requires one or more outlets depending on load.

When ever we get a call from someone stating they have a 130
year old home and, they would like to have ac install...
we get all ugly in the face or should I say uglier.

Your best bet would be to have someone come out and perform a load calculation.After that maybe a audit to help point you in the right direction on improving the envelope first.

With the improvement to the building envelope you'll find
that your heatplant would or, could be smaller.I know for a
fact it would be much cheaper to run and give you a better comfort level.

It really matter not rather its a high velocity system or a conventional system.The both of them are made to transfer heat from one place to the other.What does matter is keeping the time down on when that heat will get thru the building envelope.

Side note and off topic.When growing up I thought I was the only guy name Don,no not Donald.Now I'm seeing more Don's then ever before.

Take care!

Comments

• klaus
    klaus Member Posts: 183
    Options
    High Pressure Ductless AC

We just bought a house that is 130 years old with no a/c. The house has about 7,000 sq ft of living space. Wondering what alternatives there are aside from window units throughout the house or putting in a registers throughout. I've heard about high pressure systems? Curious to know what thoughts the experts may have?

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    Are you in a high cooling demand area

The Mitsubishi city multi might be a good pick. you can use multiple (up to 10 I think) air handlers off one outdoor unit. Full variable refrigerant flow capability. you can use hidden ducted air handlers for some and in room ceiling mount ductless for others. mix & match, 6,000 btu to 36,000 per air handler. A fit for any size room. Just a thought. Tim
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    Hey Tim....:-)

Yea, I agree with the Mitsubishi multi-system but what I think you will find is that the older homes are limited in space to run line Set's and or duct for the Hi velocity systems.

Mike T.
  • Tom_80
    Tom_80 Member Posts: 22
    Options
    hi pressure a/c

Daikin makes a similiar multi-system too.
This discussion has been closed.