Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

DHW Recirc line

Options
tim smith
tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
then just do some branches off that point to other main used fixtures. One home run recirc with branch recircs would be pretty easy. Just a thought.

Comments

• Wild Rover
    Wild Rover Member Posts: 41
    Options
    DHW Recirc line

Does anybody have any experience or suggestions on how to install a domestic hot water recirculating line for a homerun/manifold system. This is new construction so everything is still wide open. Thanks in advance.

Wild Rover
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,293
    Options
    Essentially...

... you don't want to attempt recirc on a manifold system. If the runs are going to be quite long, perhaps switching to a "structured plumbing" approach would make better sense. Manifold should deliver hot water quickly with little waste. If it doesn't, there is too much volume in the system between the heater and tap. Smaller diameter lines and/or better manifold placement could help. Good pressure is needed. Search "Gary Klein structured plumbing" to see some interesting articles on how to get hot water wasting only one or two cups.

Yours, Larry
  • kpc_19
    kpc_19 Member Posts: 11
    Options
    what is the ...

layout? If you have the home run set up a recirc line is less needed...usually. Where is the water heater? What is the longest run? What size tubing ar the branches? kpc
  • Wild Rover
    Wild Rover Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Longest run

Thanks for the replies. The longest run is just about 100'. And all homeruns are probally going to be 1/2". I'm looking to cover all of my bases.
  • kpc_19
    kpc_19 Member Posts: 11
    Options
    ya' know

in situations like that I would do two manafolds. ...then do a recirc line in the basement between the two manafolds and the water heater....kpc
This discussion has been closed.