Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Take Your Child To Work Day..............hb

Options
Glen
Glen Member Posts: 855
did that about 32 years ago. My son is now a JM (has been for 6-7 years) - working in the oil patch in Fort McMurray. It all started when I did not have day care and HAD to take him along - he was hooked! He makes me proud every day.

Comments

• heatboy_5
    heatboy_5 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Anyone else?

I had my son, Stephen, with me today on a radiant gig. Beautiful day.
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    Nice Jeff!

I hope you sun screened him!!!Lest you be thought of as an unqualified parent.(NOT!!!)

Good for you. I hope he enjoys it as much as you do...and applies himself to the same quality work as you do....if he chooses to follow. JCA
  • Leo_10
    Leo_10 Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Is He

Is he THE LITTLE GUY you and your wife used to talk about in the Area 51 Chat room days?

Leo
  • Dobber
    Dobber Member Posts: 91
    Options
    Kids

I'll have my 16 year old working with me this summer.I can hardly wait. Too bad your son can't afford a decent ball cap :)

Dobber

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Chris S
    Chris S Member Posts: 177
    Options
    work

I had my 19 year old daughter all last summer. We were on a job one day installing some fixtures, and a filter system. The customer started asking me questions and the next thing I hear the turbo torch going. She had been cleaning & putting fittings together & decided she'd seen enough soldering & that she could do it. And she did not half bad either. This past weekend she came home from college (with a long island boy). Her little brother was digging a hole with a cat 315 ( 36,000 # excavator) which she can also operate. She stayed off it though, I think for the boyfriends benefit. Not to mention my 20 year old who works every day- we take him for granted.
    Yeah I'm proud!!
    Chris
    Yeah I'm proud

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • John Barba
    John Barba Member Posts: 166
    Options
    Cute kid...

except for the Yankee garb. Why do that to the boy?

• Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Options
    My 19 year old

daughter helped me last Summer. She drilled a hole through a brick wall with a rotary hammer and I taught her to solder fittings, and use a sawzall. She even helped load a CI boiler on the truck for the scrap yard. She quit when she broke a nail. :) She is now in school. My Mom told me when asked about her Summer, she said, "My Dad works real hard." Makes me proud that she figured that out. WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,763
    Options
    The only problem I see in that picture is the...................

Yankees outfit!!!!!!!!!! Looks like I fun day even with that one set back. :)
  • Tim_41
    Tim_41 Member Posts: 153
    Options
    service calls

I've brought our 5 year old daughter on a few jobs that I know she is safe from getting hurt. Just a bit dirty. She points out the boiler drains, elbows, tees etc... Its fun to know they are really listening.
This discussion has been closed.