Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Crown and New Yorker Boilers

Options
Jed_2
Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
But, Thermal and system efficiencies will result in LESS gallons! And if the pinner is making hot water with a heater coil, fageddaboutit!

Jed

Comments

• Lil-Roc
    Lil-Roc Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Crown and New Yorker Boilers

Just wondering peoples views on the New Yorker and Crown boiler lines.
  • Leo_10
    Leo_10 Member Posts: 22
    Options
    My Opinion

It is just my opinion and my knowledge is on oil boilers. NY is a contractor grade boiler. Crown is a good average boiler, their triple pass model is pretty efficient. We install the direct vents in some nice houses. Their pin boiler is installed on our low bid proposals.

Leo
  • Bruce M_2
    Bruce M_2 Member Posts: 123
    Options
    Both of those Boiler companies

are owned by Burnham Holdings. They also own Thermo Pride, Governale, Bryan and Thermo Solutions. They also own the Burnham foundry. They are like the General Motors of the boiler industry.
  • Lil-Roc
    Lil-Roc Member Posts: 50
    Options

I'm awhere of the ownership of the lines as I'm a New Yorker distributor in the midwest. We sell New Yorker as our budget line boiler and am happy with it. I just wanted to get the opinions of all you pros thoughtout the country.
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    Options

I put a crown cat 1 unit in my own 4-plex and have had zero issues with it, just finishing year two...

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
    Options
    Cast Iron

I thought some or all of the Crown cast iron was made by Weso, Germany?
  • Tim_41
    Tim_41 Member Posts: 153
    Options

I've installed the crown scotch marine boilers and have had no problems. Is this the same boiler? If so,they are very efficient :and when cleaning, you can do a good job. Great access to the passages.
  • Jed_2
    Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
    Options
    Why would

anyone, in their right mind propose a pin boiler nowadays, with the current energy situation? Low bid is fine, but the current choices for low mass are not that much more for a pinner. And, are you comfortable recommending an energy hog? The line's got to be drawn somewhere. Pinners should be outlawed!

Jed
  • bill_97
    bill_97 Member Posts: 172
    Options
    Pinners should be outlawed ?

I dunno about that , Jed . My 11 year old pinner brand has an AFUE of 87.5 % . Many new pinners are in the 86 % range .

How much higher are the numbers for triple passers ?
This discussion has been closed.