Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

towable aerial lifts

Options
Tim_41
Tim_41 Member Posts: 153
My brother (a painter) and I were thinking about getting a towable aerial lift. I was thinking of the solar projects and he was thinking of the high spots on houses etc. Has anyone purchased one? LIkes dislikes. I've rented a couple: genie,jlg. They seem good. Just was looking for other thoughts. Thanks
Tim S

Comments

• Mike Thomas_2
    Mike Thomas_2 Member Posts: 109
    Options
    Unilift

I own a Unilift. Got it from a rental outfit. Goes about 36 feet straight up. Look for one that does not have the circuit boards/computer chips. A new board is like $700 to $1200. The Unilift uses the old style solenoid relays and limit switches. Easy to work on and parts are very reasonable. Paid $7000 for mine about 7 years old I think and have had it for about 3 years now. Only problem is everyone wants to borrow it. One guy borrowed it and rolled it over, cost me a new bucket $714.
  • Tim_41
    Tim_41 Member Posts: 153
    Options
    thanks

Thanks for the reply Mike. I never would of thought about the electronic board and the replacement costs. Much appreciated
  • joel_19
    joel_19 Member Posts: 931
    Options
    lift

They rock! but i just rent 1 when i need it cheaper overall but maybe 4-5 times a year if i needed everyweek i'd buy 1.
  • G Terrill
    G Terrill Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Lift electronics

I'll second the comment about electronics. We own a Genie 5030 and when it works it is great. We have thousands of $ into replacing electronic components three or four times over the last 6 yrs. The wiring to the basket control panel is poorly designed and wimpy and if it gets pinched you don't just put a new wire on, you replace a thousand dollar control panel that fries. Great design! If you buy one I like the idea of the electro mechanical switches over all this electronic bs.
    GregT
This discussion has been closed.