Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pictures

They still have the r11 flush.Works great.

Hows ya doing?

Comments

• ddlong1286@yahoo.com
    ddlong1286@yahoo.com Member Posts: 139
    Thought this was interesting.....

Yes I have pictures! The dome of a OROA head pressure control blown off. Do not know how it happened.

This is a custom A/C, chiller for a mobil MRI. The aforementioned part was for the A/C side. We had to remove the blower assembly to replace the OROA. While there we also replaced the check valve and piping to accomidate the brazing process and it was still a pain!

After replacing the OROA and during charging, head pressure hit 400lbs and I shut it off. It was 4:30 Sat. morning, had been there since 3:30 Fri. nite.

Went back Sat. at Noon with another guy and found the TXV plugged and after replacing it the drier plugged. Luckily he was able to change it without pulling the other blower assembly!

Going to replace the oil and reposition the hi-press switch to read discharge, not liquid line press.

Don
  • Blackoakbob
    Blackoakbob Member Posts: 252
    You have ....

quite a variety of service calls. I have worked on some of these that came east out of Fargo, ND. They were DX units and cycle like crazy and are swithed from on board generator to plug in power on site. They were always a " train wreck " when I got to them, road dirt, vibration and extreme run times really take their toll. Like your units you almost need a shoe horn and vaseline to get things to fit. You're doing a great job. Best Regrads, Don
  • don_192
    don_192 Member Posts: 45
    Hi Don

Been wanting to look at the pic but, the office computer is
    to slow for loading pics.

Now that I'm home thought I would check them out.Looks like
    a great job you got going there.

If I may ask, do you guys flow nitrogen when brazing?

That and the right tip helps get down on the flakes.

• Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Good Morning Don:

I always use Nitro. when brazing. I will use at least 15% silver in my hi temp rod or use Silver solder with minimal Stay Brite flux. Works every time. As far as your chiller goes, they do have a cleaning agent, which slips my mind, but at least use liquid and suction dryer's until contaminants are eliminated.

Mike T.
  • ddlong1286@yahoo.com
    ddlong1286@yahoo.com Member Posts: 139
    nitrogen

Well, on this job-no. 99% of the time I do, but this new company I work for, I'm still figuring out how they do things. And this set up is not purging enhanced.

And I agree that pretty much contributed to the drier plug up!

A few years ago at a Sprolan Supermarket Class, the presenter told us about a company he visited that piped supermarkets. No nitro purge, but a Sporlan "Catch-All" at all valves, with flare fittings to inhance changing when it plugged. Sounds great for the drier salesman, but I would rather nitro purge and not worry about it. Of course I have never piped a complete big store!

Don in Mo
This discussion has been closed.