Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

thermostats

Options
There is an internal connection at the t-stat. that's why you have the A/C on. Example: when you call for cooling and the fan is in auto, what happens.? the fan comes on because of that internal connection. Only r to y is made, but the internal comes into play. Why not just take the w term from the t-stat and go to the furnace and using an Isolation relay, bring on the fan? There are controls out there to control the fan coil as you would like to use it...

I didn't mean you or your Q: was funny, but I remember back when I first ran into this problem......:-)

Mike T.

Comments

• paul muir
    paul muir Member Posts: 1
    Options
    thermostats

I installed a Taylor waterstove and now have two heat sources.I am trying to stop using gas.I am trying to make my thermostat only control the blower and not the gas part of the furnace. I disconected the W wire from the furnace and the thermostat.The thermostat called for heat and nothing happened.Perfect.Then I added a jumper wire from the W to the G set the themostst to call for heat went under the house depressed the door switch it worked perfect until I replaced the door and upon crawling out from under the house realized the airconditioner was also on. Why? Is the solution complicated?Is there power feeding through the ground?
This discussion has been closed.