Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

venting mod con's

Options
I was curious if any mod con manufacturers allow the venting of their units from below grade. In other words out of a pit or window well. The area where the boilers would sit is completely below grade and getting the vent pipes to the roof is almost impossible (and expensive). All of the install literature I have read show the vertical venting through the roof. would venting vertically "out of the ground" next to walls be wrong?

I know there are alot of times where the use of an old window well would be useful.

I was thinking of using the Knight boiler but I am flexible.

Comments

• kpc_14
    kpc_14 Member Posts: 38
    Options
    yes....

I know the Smith GT does. follow the instructions to pitch back.
    I had a similar problem w/ a W-Mc Ultra. The sill was 12 above ground and the driveway is right next to the house. I had to snorkel it up. to ge the clearance above the snow line...kpc
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    in the literature of

the tandem ultra weils that i installed had detailed instructions for either roof or side wall, and as kpc said, keep your pitch and snow line specs. and of course, keep your size, ells, and length of runs to specs
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    outside?

I guess my question is how do finish off the air intake and the vent pipes. I know the ultra side wall kits have the black plastic piece to terminate the connections..This could not be possible since the pipes come "out of the ground" vertically....Or do you terminate as it is shown through the roof. with the 2 elbows on top?

Thanks

I just checked out the literature on the smith gt and that is ewxactly what I need as far as below grade sidewall venting.. Will lochinvar or weil allow this type of termination??
This discussion has been closed.