Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Time to retire the oil burner!

I told the oil man to hold off future deliveries!
As a homeowner, I ask the Pro's if a gas burner conversion of our vintage steam Amer Std A-3 boiler is reasonable?

Was are in SE Queens, NYC, very near SW Nassau.
I invite any interested Pro's to contact me for a job timed with the warm weather.

How much better off would we be with a Smith G8, new boiler?

Thanks.

Comments

• Leo_9
    Leo_9 Member Posts: 24
    Just by changing

Just upgrading to a new oil boiler you will save a ton of money. That boiler has to be one of the worst as far as oil guzzling. People will tell you if you stay with oil go with the MegaSteamer, good advice. But I see pinboilers save a substantial amount of oil over that old Am Std. I am an oil guy so I wouldn't tell you to go to gas, if you did, a gas conversion burner in that boiler would waste gas also.

Leo
  • The G8 would be more efficient

and since the factory has tested and certified it with oil or gas (with the Carlin EZ-Gas burner) there's no guesswork involved.

Keep in mind though, natural gas is going to get more expensive too. I hear most of the power plants around NYC have converted from coal or oil to gas, what do you think the increased demand will do to prices?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.