Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Piping opinions

Options
G Terrill
G Terrill Member Posts: 13
I am looking for opinions on the piping I am working on in my own home. I'm hoping to get feedback on any grave errors before I test and flush the system before hooking up to my boiler. I am doing the piping, contractor is doing venting and startup. I have primary/secondary with direct injection. Lower horizontal pipes are for future dhw and future higher temp supplemental heat to a few rooms. The nasty looking pvc by second pump is going away. An Extrol tank at the top is removed for photo.

I would also look for thoughts on controls. Boiler is a Knight 80kbtu so I will let it control dhw priority. I am leaning towards a Taco PC705-2 variable speed mixing control and SR504 switching relay OR looking at Tekmar's lineup closer.

Thank you for your help.
Greg T

Comments

• Robert O'Connor_12
    Robert O'Connor_12 Member Posts: 728
    Options
    valve

You need to install an isolation valve between the pressure reducing valve and the system.
  • G Terrill
    G Terrill Member Posts: 13
    Options
    valve

Got it. Thank you. I have a shut off before but not after. I wondered about the injection pump pumping down but saw it positioned that way in several publications. Is it bad practice to make a pump pump down due to air wanting to rise or once the system is bled it should be okay?
This discussion has been closed.