Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

HW boiler piped into furnace?!?

Options
lee_7
lee_7 Member Posts: 458
Correct. On a call for heat, the boiler fires sending hot water thru a coil on top of air handler. Actually works quite nice. I have done it numerous times as supplemental heat for a heat pump instead of electric resistance coils.

Comments

• Daniel_3
    Daniel_3 Member Posts: 543
    Options

I've never seen this before but a friend has a hot water boiler (IN-6) that was hooked to CI rads. A furance was installed and taco 007's added to the return and supply while the supply and return are piped right into the top of the new furnace with two zones. It's also got an ac condenser and a Goodman outside. The CI rads were disconnected and all piping removed. How does this system work with the furnace and ductwork and what role does the HW boiler play?
  • Daniel_3
    Options

Actually i just read about and it's called hydro-air, right? The hot water is piped into the coil when calling for heat.
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,763
    Options
    Here is a pic of one we are doing right now

about 60% done, See attachment, 2 - 600mbh water coils with 3 TT prestige 399s, pri/sec. Neat job. Tim
  • kpc_12
    kpc_12 Member Posts: 24
    Options
    too bad...

what is he doing w/ the CI rads? ....kpc
  • don_185
    don_185 Member Posts: 312
    Options
    Nice

Nice work there Tim.

I loved the long radius ells.Are you installing the coils on the return side of the equipment?
    If thats the case nice job,they work so much better as a pulled thru.

I hope one day soon they will start coming out with split coils so we can stage the the heat like we do the ac.

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,763
    Options
    These are custom coils Don

I could have had them split but using mod/con boilers covers that. Thanks for the remarks. Tim
  • Daniel_3
    Options

Going to post them on craig's list. There are 6 or so A & R Peerless plain 3 columns.
This discussion has been closed.