Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

where can I get cast iron hot water radiators

D107 Member Posts: 1,852
they make to size


  • Charlie_18
    Charlie_18 Member Posts: 1
    cast iron hot water radiators

    Does anyone know where I can purchase cast iron hot water radiators? Have a house that 4 of them froze and split. They are all 20" +/- high, 5 1/4" deep and are 36" - 31 1/2" - 27" and 22 1/2" long. They have 1/2" tappings. Thanks for any help.
  • You may find some,

    at a local demolition contractors, some of those guys keep them to re-sell when they tear-down buildings.
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981

    Still makes cast iron radiators in many forms and sizes.

    Your local distributor can get what you need. Chris
  • bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177

  • JackR
    JackR Member Posts: 125
    Looks like a Match

    to the Burnham slenderized radiators, they make a 4 tube 19" high and a 4 or 6 tube 25" high in various section lengths, I just installed a few last week. Readily available from Burnham , I had mine in a week.
  • bill nye_3
    bill nye_3 Member Posts: 307
    CI Rad

    Charlie , what part of the country are you in? I have several radiators. I am in CT.
  • Chris S
    Chris S Member Posts: 177

    I sold a bunch of yhem to stanthejunkman.com
    Kingston NY area he has a barn full

    To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • D107
    D107 Member Posts: 1,852
    if they're used, have them pressure-tested before you buy

    That's usually recommended on the Wall; I don't recall the required level of pressure test but you don't want to have to find out after install that they're leaking. Some companies certify they've been tested.

    Good luck,

This discussion has been closed.