Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

comercial swimming pool heaters

Options
The the pool water side Maxiflo goes directly inline with the pool pump so you'll just need to pump boiler water to it. The producrt has performed well except it sprung a leak that was factory oriented about a year after the warrantee expired but Triangle was good enough to replace it anyways.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    swimming pool heaters

I am looking for manufacturers of a commercial pool heaters...lp gas... around 1 million btu input.. II already found lochinvar, teledyn larrs and raypak? Any others out there? Thanks!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    swimming pool heaters

I am looking for manufacturers of a commercial pool heaters...lp gas... around 1 million btu input.. I already found lochinvar, teledyn larrs and raypak? Any others out there? Thanks!
  • ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    Options
    LP

For LP gas, you may be better off using a mod/con and a heat exchanger like the Triangle Tube Maxi-Flo. Be careful of the intake air quality, as chlorides will destroy a condensing boiler quickly.

I strongly recommend providing some solar panels. LP gas is expensive, which could make the investment in solar collectors look pretty good.

F-Chart is a very helpful tool for determining whether solar pool heating makes sense.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    how to pipe

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of using the heat exchanger option but was concerned about how to pipe the exchangers with the pool water side of the exchangers....I was thinking of a kind of primary secondary setup with each exchanger having it's own smaller pumps feeding into the main flow of the pool water being pumped by the pool filter system.

I was also concerned of how to pipe the exchangers off of the header on the mod con's.

Just seeing what y'all think.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Go titanium on the HXer...

The chlorides in the pool water will kill a stainless steel heat exchanger. Use titanium. TTP makes a god one.

I'd also recommend that you split the load between two mod con boilers. THis way you have a greater turn down and can effectively manage the energy being consumed by the pool and avoid short cycling, the killer of boiler efficiency. Pipe the heat exchangers in parallel reverse return fashion on the source and load sides. Use primary/secondary piping for the near boiler piping per manufacturer.

We did the swimming pool heater at the official Mayors residence here in Denver that way and it kicks butt, and is saving around 30% fuel costs.

ME
  • Dave-St Louis
    Dave-St Louis Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Pool Heaters

Another manufacturer of pool heaters is Bryan Boiler in Peru, Indiana. They offer a pretty high quality system and have piping details available.

• ME...

Just FYI, when I took the failed W/M - Triangle SS heater out after 2.5 seasons of use it showed absolutely no ill effects from the pool water even though we had been introducing chlorine by placing tablets in the skimmers. I must mention though that my customer is very vigilant with her pool's PH and chlorine levels.
  • ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    Options
    Chemistry

I dont think the MF400 is available in 316ti. Is that correct? pH control is critical for any metal components. Keep the water chemistry balanced and regular stainless is fine. Be absolutely sure chemicals are added after the heater. You might be able to use a smaller heater if they can tolerate a longer initial warm-up time. Solar would be an excellent addition. It may even carry the load if it is an indoor pool. LP gas is an expensive way to heat. It would be a very good idea to run the numbers in F-Chart before ruling out solar panels.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    thanks for the info

I will look into everything...as for solar, I will mention this as an option but there is a strict deadline for the bids to be in. I love the idea but I don't think I would have the time to do the proper research as far as cost (ie. panel placement, roof area, etc.)..

thanks for the input! Also check out another thread I started about venting mod con's from a "window well".
This discussion has been closed.