Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Timely Article

singh
singh Member Posts: 866
I made some comments about diamond plate.
Please don't take it the wrong way, your work is great !!

I just think it does little for the system as a whole , and adds cost.

Devan

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=377&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    John Sigenthaler's

latest article in P&M was very timely for me. It's all about simplifying hydronic systems. I have just been called in on a companys first try at a radiant floor. It was not working well. The whole first floor is 5000 sq ft of in slab concrete radiant floor. Upstairs has 2 small bathroom with quik trak. The system supporting this floor was an WM Ultra mod con boiler, a Wirsbo 311 propanel, with another 201 vs propanel attached to that. This set up gave the contractor the ability to do domestic hot water, (Loop not used) high temperature zones, (used incorrectly) and two separate variable injection temperature loops. The quik trak is 4-200 ft loops all on a Taco 0011. Ack! 4 different temps and zones available. How many different temps did they need? Just one. :O The in slab radiant floor and quik trak are close enough in temperature needs, they didn't need more than one temp. Talk about overkill. They have a temperature responsive control built into the boiler they could have used (they now have 3 Weather responsive controls in the system) when all they needed was a circ and some zone valves. (A variable speed cir would be sweet on this set up) And on top of all that...they piped it all wrong. To the contractors credit he didnt run away. He tried until he knew he was over his head and is working with the Homeowner to make it right. The Homeowner found me and enlisted me to help. But back to the Siggy article. Simplify, simplify, simplify. Good article, and very timely for me. WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Paul Rohrs_4
    Paul Rohrs_4 Member Posts: 466
    That article resonated with me too.

"Just because we can, doesn't mean we should."

That article really made me stop in my tracks. When I start on a job design, I look at function, aesthetics, and service-ability. Simplicity was a function that I had not been factoring in. I have completed simple jobs, but it was not one of my primary concerns.

I think this whole winter season has taught me that I had better simplify when I can.

Denver Wetstock is a scant few weeks away. Looking forward to meeting up with my wallie friends.

Regards,

PR
  • singh
    singh Member Posts: 866
    Great

Welcome to revolution : )

There was some discussion on this at the RPA site also.

Devan

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • mtfallsmikey
    mtfallsmikey Member Posts: 765
    It was an eye-opener

Life will be real nice and simple once the ECM-driven pumps hit the market en-masse.
  • article

is it accessable on line?
  • Bruce M
    Bruce M Member Posts: 166
    Try this

Siggy's article

That oughta' do it.

Mark H
  • mark

thanks for the link - good article

and through a lack of knowledge on my part, the system in my house was kept down to a simple 4 loop/2 zone system that's controlled with one stat and two mixing valves
This discussion has been closed.