Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thermolec boiler experiences

Options
Rob, we have had very good luck with the Thermolec. Just don't install the factory provided (Conbraco) relief valve. Put on a B&G 790-30 or maybe a Watts, our percentage of start up failures are very high.

I'm waiting patiently for Lochinvar to come out with a UL listed, ASME unit. IMHO, the market is ready for it.

Paul

Comments

• Rob Blair
    Rob Blair Member Posts: 227
    Options
    Thermolec boiler experiences

Any experiences, good or bad.

Thanks,

Rob
  • John Starcher_4
    John Starcher_4 Member Posts: 794
    Options
    I have installed....

...a grand total of ONE!!!!

It was a nice install, with no problems.
  • heatboy_2
    heatboy_2 Member Posts: 48
    Options
    No issues at all.

I have a few in as far back as 4 years with no service at all.
  • Leo G_101
    Leo G_101 Member Posts: 87
    Options
    Nice boiler

but I have had 2 where I had to replace some relays last year. Then I just replaced the control board on one of them a couple of weeks ago. Being on the left coast, and the factory in quebec, let's just say that the V hating thread could be replicated by this one owner.

The worst case was one that the high limit did not do its job, figure the contactor froze somehow. Thank god the unit was in a deprerssed vault or there would have been a lot of damage.

Needless to say, I no longer install this brand, as that is close to 50% failure rate (had 7 installed) and no one here on the coast stocks parts.

My fav electric is the Lion boiler from Concept Man. out of Winnipeg. Very solid and a very small footprint.

L.G.
  • singh
    singh Member Posts: 866
    Options
    My house

Have one in my house.

A good unit overall, and quiet, but will say support from Thermolec is nil.
    Actually, Leo had emailed some docs a while back to me (Thanks) as I too had
    relay failure on a less than 3 y.o unit, I'm not using the ODR anymore. it's very basic and slow to resest boiler when temp drops quickly.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,202
    Options
    nice, but also consider

the Electro Industries

www.electromn.com

They have a wider range, ASME and a real nice zone control module to go inside.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
This discussion has been closed.