Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Trucks, tools and stuff seen in Italy

Options
hot_rod
hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
from those vines. Great pictures, nice time of year.

hr
Bob "hot rod" Rohr
trainer for Caleffi NA
Living the hydronic dream

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    It's always interesting

to see how the contractors work in other countries. I noticed a bunch of these Ford "Transits" running around. They all looked fairly new. Iveco and Fiat also had similar versions.

Visiting a Home Depot type "box store" I spotted this chop saw with a mini table saw on top. A clever two in one power tool. They had various levels of price and quality.

Hemp for your threads :)

The new Caleffi lab has an assortment of thermal solar on the roof for testing. It was all piped in TIG welded stainless steel tube! It was insulated before I got a chance to take pictures, however.

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Chris S
    Chris S Member Posts: 177
    Options

The truck looks a lot like a Sprinter / MB. I really wanted one of them in a chassis cab, with a utility body but there were too many limitations ( like really expensive 4WD). Fuel economy-wise other parts of the world are so far ahead of us. One of our other trucks is a Fuso. I've seen smaller versions of this style of vehicle in Europe & on the Islands- in a single rear wheel version that would make a great utilty or service truck.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    i really like the insulated Roof build up.

that is very savy.

the solar is a good shot too.

Hurray! i just realized how good your new job is *~/:)

Thanks for sharing some pic's :)
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,231
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.

My pictures from Italy look much different.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    Jhonny NY

> My pictures from Italy look much

> different.

man i can feel that walk down memory lane...

i can actually feel the heat from the window shutters.... 'yah man' ...those are some great snap shots of life...

i noticed the posts have gradations , is that for making some hot house to modify the plants environment?
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,231
    Options
    Weezbo

Not sure what you mean by gradations.

Glad you liked the pics, though.

Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • Mark B.
    Mark B. Member Posts: 2
    Options

Jeez, Hot Rod, when we're in Italy, my wife thinks I'm crazy to spend any time looking at piping. I think the creativity and ingenuity that gave us 2000 years of priceless art shows its influence in all things Italian, including plumbing. So keep looking - it's art history, not work.
  • Steve Ebels_3
    Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
    Options
    Hot Rod

Please ask the good folks at Callefi to install a tapping in the top of their LLH's that will accept a well for a temp sensor. It would be a nice option to have in some installations.
This discussion has been closed.