Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit

What is best control to use for a ECO?

required when using a redundant gas valve (dual seated)The "R" in the VR8300 tells you that it is dual seated. If you are talking about a Low Water Cutoff a probe type is acceptable wired into the 120 volt feed to the boiler.


  • edward goodridgeedward goodridge Member Posts: 21
    What is best safety control to use as an ECO?

    Hi-I'm a homeowner installing a new Honeywell dual valve combination gas control on a forced hot water boiler. It is a VR8300A. Replacing an old regulator and single valve control. My question is, I want to use the ECO option with another safety control. Is a probe type thermal switch for low water what I should use? Or do I need a float? Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!