Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Another Jim Dandy

Options
with that too Steve. Customers always seem to think your next car was paid-for from the <i>profits we made on their one job!</i><BR>What did I say?, well after I surveyed and took alot of pics I told them that I could see why they were having probs. I said they are not supposed to be <i>slaves</i> to thier heating system, but the way this install is,,they are! But not to worry, although there is not much to go on, it can be fixed.<BR>I try to get them to come into my shop as this way I have time to view the pics, do some thinking, and come up with better solutions for a cure. Then when they do, I can better explain the way <i>things should be,</i> and what it`ll take <i>from me</i> to get the system operating like that.<BR>Time consuming?,, you got that right,,but I find most HO appreciate the effort you put into solving their problem, and give you the job.<BR><BR>Dave

Comments

• And they wonder,

why the radiant doesn`t work right, and the boiler always soots-up.
  • And they wonder,

why the radiant doesn`t work right, and the boiler always soots-up.
    At least its got a LWCO ,,sheesh!

Dave
  • A.J.
    A.J. Member Posts: 257
    Options
    where do you begin

best probably just to start from all over
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    Options
    That \"pipe insulation\"

looks like somebody sneezed after eating Annie's Macaroni and Cheese.
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • Steve Ebels_3
    Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
    Options
    I have a hard time with those.............

I'm always at a loss for a polite way to break the bad news to the customer. What did you say to him?
  • I always have trouble,

with that too Steve. Customers always seem to think your next car was paid-for from the profits we made on their one job!
  • Mitch_4
    Mitch_4 Member Posts: 955
    Options
    Dave.

Hi Dave.

I work in Technical Support for the Olsen Dovosion of ECR International. I see our name plate onthe boiler.

If you would, can you please email me privately regarding this boiler, I am interested in where it is located, and a few other questions regaring some things I see.

Also I would love it if you could send me these picture for futur training programs.

Thank you.

Michael Breault
    Technical Support
    ECR International Olsen Division
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options

Here I thought there was pigeons roosting on the pipes!!

Looks like great stuff is getting as versitle as ductape anymore. Is it pipe insulation gone, array or a new product to seal pipe joint leaks.

Gordy
This discussion has been closed.