Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Joel's stuff on TOH

Options
heatboy_2
heatboy_2 Member Posts: 48
No, I'm not doing the HCT. My goal is ISH '09. I will be up at Viessmann and Taco once or twice this year, so hopefully we can hook up when I'm there.

Say hi to dad for me!

Comments

• GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,695
    Options
    Richard T shows off Joel's stuff

Joel, I noticed your name at the end of TOH. Way to go! Now you're a celebrity! Why didn't they have your mug on TV?

It was sad to hear about the tile guy. What happened?

Gary

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Why they did'nt show his mug ?

Have you met Joel ??

Sorry Pal, could'nt help it.

Scott

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Jim_65
    Jim_65 Member Posts: 184
    Options
    ATOH

They didn't show Mark's (ME) or our installation tech Tim's face during our episode two years ago either. However, we did have our company name as part of the credits. I think that meeting Richard on site that day with the director & camera crew is a memory I won't soon forget.

• GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,695
    Options
    ohh

what a nice guy YOU are. His wife Erika picks up the slack in that dept. Joel is the brains of the operation!! Where is Joel before this thread gets too out of hand?

Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • ScottMP
    Options
    Oh I agree Gary

And the kids look like thier Mom.

Of this is too easy :)

Scott

• joel_19
    joel_19 Member Posts: 931
    Options
    TOH

Ya well what can I say guys I have no idea why a super model wanted to marry me either but hey who'd say no??

I do need to clarify though that this episode of TOH was a colaborative effort of The New England Hydronic Heat Association. There where several contractors who contributed to the project. Our chunk consisted primarily of designing and installing the basement A/C hydro air units and refrigeration piping. We did not for instance install any of the Wisbro tube. So credit for this should go to several individuals.

Being involved was a blast for our crew who very much enjoyed watching/learning about the whole filming process as it went along. As I am captain of this ship, that somedays feels like the titanic, I was not actually turning wrenches on site. Steve Taylor runs the job site side of things and he was in charge of that project,and we've worked together for about 20 years - so congrats goes to him and my crew too.

we'd love to do it again and I'd say if TOH comes to your town you ought to consider doing the same.
  • heatboy_3
    heatboy_3 Member Posts: 14
    Options
    I believe.....

..... I saw the Perry boys, Jr. & Sr. early on during that project. Is that right? Where has John Jr. been anyway?
  • Dirty Hands Dale
    Dirty Hands Dale Member Posts: 15
    Options

The tile guy's name was joe Ferrante, he was a great guy and in great shape and really young. He was stricken by a heart attack at the end of the work day on a friday. Unfortunatly he was found by his nephew Eric. He worked with his brother Mark and they do exceptional work.

I had the pleasure of working on the cambridge TOH job, just installing the radiant floors and snow melt. I made it on the cameras 2 or three times as a background guy.
    It is tough to get on camera, and get face time. They film once a week and its wrapped up prettty quick so a lot of the time people don't make it on.

It was pretty cool bieng a 2 year apprentice and getting that kind of experience.

I thought Richard Trethewy was a down to earth guy, he definatly was not afraid to get his hands dirty.

I am no longer with that company but I am with Scott Milne now. It was a benefit to on occasion do a TOH job but I really enjoy working with Milne and crew. Milne does work with some of the same contractors TOH uses. Its a small world sometimes.
  • John Jr
    John Jr Member Posts: 210
    Options
    Jeff

Hey Jeff I’m right here! Yes, as Joel said, it was a collaborative effort of The New England Hydronic Heat Association. I was in charge of the Vitodens install along with the piping of the controls and manifolds and I helped Richard with the Radiant design so we got the right Wirsbo materials. Another company was in charge of the tubing install. It was fun to work with other companies to complete this project. It was fun to work with Richard, if anyone gets a chance to do a show with him do it! Just get an ankle bracelet for him with a beeper. Tom’s guys were also great to work with all we had to do was ask for something and it was done.

Jeff, are you going to HCT this year? I will be calling DF in the morning to see if he is going.

John
  • ScottMP
    Options
This discussion has been closed.