Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Let's all congratulate our friend Hot Rod!

Options
ScottMP
ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
companys are trolling the wall for employee's.

Congratulations Bob. I also cannot wait to attend a seminar.

All the best.

Scott

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=237&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,538
    Options
    I saw Hot Rod at the ASHRAE show

and he told me that he will be starting a new job on February 4th as Training Manager for Caleffi, with a specialty in solar. I can't think of a better guy for the job. Congratulations!
    Retired and loving it.
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,231
    Options
    Knew that.

The Caleffi people spilled those beans to me a couple of weeks ago when I had asked if they were having seminars.

Hot Rod told me there was lots of stuff in the works.

Count me in!

...and congratulations!

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • bobbyg_4
    bobbyg_4 Member Posts: 6
    Options

Are you kidding! That is great news. Sign me up for training. I can't wait.
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,548
    Options

Can't wait, when will you be in Colorado. Richard from Heatmeister.
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    Very Cool *~/:)

Lucky for them that they make hydronic and solar parts and pieces he likes:)

Greatest Good Fortune in Future.

Think Yellow Think Green Think Blue *~/:)
  • Dan Foley
    Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,258
    Options
    Hot Rod

Best of luck, my friend, in your new endeavour. I know you will do well. I hope to attend one of your training seminars somewhere down the road. - DF

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Dave Yates (GrandPAH)_2
    Options
    Ditto

And, congrats. Heard the rumor a few weeks ago(G). Nice catch Caleffi!
  • jackchips_2
    jackchips_2 Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    All the best

Mr. Rohr. Good news for the heating industry.

:-)

Jack
  • ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    Options
    Congrats

A good man and a good company. Moving to Wisconsin?
  • Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
    Options
    congrates

Good Luck!
  • Home Depot Employee
    Home Depot Employee Member Posts: 329
    Options

Someday will there be any good contractors left or, will they all be working for manufacturers?

Who's left to do the competent work? ;-)
  • Unknown
    Options
    Scott:

I can confirm that thought, twice in 7 years.

Congratulations, Hot Rod! Great move for the industry, I hope it's just as good for you.

Noel
  • Congratulations Hot Rod

it is well deserved. Enjoy training there is no better reward than to teach and see people learn from your efforts.

If I can be of any help just let me know.
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Options
    that's

pretty cool! Congrats. Are you hanging up your Curvo, HR?
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    Congrats!!

Good job, HR! Good company.

Don't be buying any of those Chinese vaccuum tubes!!

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,192
    Options
    Thanks everybody

I am very excited to get this opportunity. I wasn't really job shopping but all the pieces fell into place nicely.

I like the Caleffi team, their vision, and the products they manufacturer.

We plan to have a training van on the road very soon and focus on training across the product line.

The solar commitment really got me excited. I'm anxious to be part of the new solar movement and the positive impact it can have on the world.

I'll contribute my small part to assure we get the best solar design and installation info to the dealers and installers on the roof tops. See you there.

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Options
    Congrats

It sounds like an exciting endeavor. Perhaps I will get around to doing some solar. WW

• A.J.
    A.J. Member Posts: 257
    Options
    Congratulations

It couldn't have happened to a better Wallie. When you start teaching solar don't forget about Western Pa.
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,695
    Options
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Paul Rohrs_7
    Paul Rohrs_7 Member Posts: 173
    Options
    Congratulations HR

I am looking forward to hearing about your new training endevours. I am fully expecting a phone call if you are in the Lincoln/Omaha market on tour.

Best Wishes for you and Caleffi.

Paul
  • Great news

Congrats , Hot Rod . Please let us know if the training van is gonna be in the NYC area .
  • heatboy_3
    heatboy_3 Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Right place....

..... right time, right man. Nice going HR (he says with slight envy)!
  • Bob Sweet
    Bob Sweet Member Posts: 540
    Options
    Smart move on Caleffis part

HR your the best of the best, don't forget about the western U.S. We could pack em in out here.

• Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    Options
    Excellent News!

Hot Rod will be an astounding asset to Caleffi. Maybe they saw the copper hydraulic separator as a threat and decided to hire you? :)

Good for you and by no small extension, the entire industry, through Caleffi. Everybody will benefit!

Live from the Missouri HQ... let's hope they give you freedom to solder at will...
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    Good for Caleffi!

Congratulations Hot Rod...I hope this works out well for you.

I was lucky enough to swing by the Caleffi booth at this past springs NEFI show...and while standing and gawking at all their U.S. offerings, was pulled aside by one of the salesmen from "corporate". (I can't recall his name...but I'm sure I have a card somewhere)He nailed me by my nametag....as my last name can sometimes be taken as Italian...and we spoke for about 1/2 an hour.(where is your family from, and the like... were discussed)

He was liking the fact that we have used their products...and was more liking that I kept asking about the stuff that we CAN'T get. I think he appreciated that more than the cudo's on the separators and manifolds.

From their presentation and outgoing stature at NEFI..I think they are moving forward. By selecting you to be one of their ambassadors, they've made a true commitment to the market. Good luck to you and Caleffi. Keep it moving forward. Chris
  • Rocky_3
    Rocky_3 Member Posts: 232
    Options
    Hot Rod

I buy a gob of Caleffi stuff here and don't forget we have A LOT of sun here in Fairbanks...well...at least in the summer! ;-)
    Besides, we are so far away that once you get here, you have to be here for a least a day or two, which means I may get the opportunity to get you in my new river-running jet boat. We don't have bass and crappy here, but I'm sure I could come up with something! Congrats to both you and Caleffi!
    Regards,
    Rocky
  • scott markle_2
    scott markle_2 Member Posts: 611
    Options
    Chinese tubes etc.

The Sedio tubes that Oventrp packages looked very nice to me. As much as I'd like to see more manufacturing in this country let's face it, cost is very important to establishing the economic viability of solar, Oventrop's Chinese tubes are reasonably priced, with the same ten year warranty as Viessmann. I sought out as much solar as could find at the show, it seems like Budarus is getting serious about solar (in north america) they have a nice looking flat panel(hybrid) that is hermetically sealed and filed with argon. I hope that HR's new position will not effect his ability to contribute/share the broad ranging information he is so good at collecting. Keep us east coast solar enthusiasts posted on any regional Caleffi training opportunities. Congratulations
  • Metro Man
    Metro Man Member Posts: 220
    Options
    Go Hot Rod

Caleffi is getting the better deal. Good to hear your on board, we use many of they're products. Hope this doesn't mean we will hear less from you on the wall. Maybe you can bring your new Caleffi info wagon to the west this april. Wouldn't mind seeing some of the new solar equipment. If you have time could show you some of our drain-back installs. Who knows.....

When you get your Caleffi handle let me know what it is.

Congrats!

Metro Man
  • Kevin O. Pulver_2
    Kevin O. Pulver_2 Member Posts: 87
    Options
    Paul please call me

if HR calls you. I'd love to get involved in some solar training. I'm happy for you Hot Rod!
    Thanks, Kevin
  • Mike Dunn
    Mike Dunn Member Posts: 189
    Options
    Solar guru

Congratulations and please oh please come to Minneapolis/St.Paul, MN. I will try and be the first to sign up.
  • Darin Cook_5
    Darin Cook_5 Member Posts: 298
    Options
    Hot Rod

Best of luck to you. How about working on getting someone to offer Caleffi product in the Albany, NY area?

Darin

• mtfallsmikey
    mtfallsmikey Member Posts: 765
    Options
    Congrats!

Make sure you give out a shout when you may be coming to D.C./ Baltimore...mfm
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Can't think of a better man for the job...

Congrats Robert. And congrats to Caleffi.

ME
  • PeterGriffin
    PeterGriffin Member Posts: 79
    Options
    Congrats!!

Sounds exciting! Congrats to you!
  • Joannie_15
    Joannie_15 Member Posts: 115
    Options
    Congrats!

That's fantastic, Hot Rod. Congrats!
  • Alan(OnVacationInOregon)Forbes
    Options
    Nice

A quality guy for a quality outfit. I like their products a lot and look forward to a solar training seminar out west.
  • Bruce M
    Bruce M Member Posts: 166
    Options
    Congratulations HR!

I wish you the best of luck in your new venture.

The Caleffi folks gained an ace!

There is life after contracting.

Mark H
  • bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    Options

best of luck, hot rod. bob young
  • kamney
    kamney Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Congratulazioni!

A great match!