Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

staged a/c would it work?

Anything is possible, but keep this in mind. The city Multi is one unit feeding multiple Evap's. If you use multiple condensers you can and will have an oil issue. Once the oil leaves the condenser, it does not know or is not guaranteed to go back to that condenser. Perhaps a small chiller may better serve you.

Mike T.

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    staged a/c would it work?

assume a building with 24 1000 sq ft. spaces each with a separate furnace and a/c condenser [on the roof].
    if you had the right control system and the right form of freon interconnection ; couldn't you use only one of the condensers to supply cooling on very mildly hot days to all the spaces.then as the heat load increased more of the condensers would be brought on line.
    seems to me that this could be more economical or am i wrong?
    at the very least it would reduce the total runtime and wear of all the condensers-nbc
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Nicholas, look at the Mitsubishi city multi

Yours would be a perfect application for it. Super efficient and quiet. Tim
  • don_185
    don_185 Member Posts: 312
    it depends

It depends.Who going to pay the gas/power bills..tenant or landlord?

24000 sq feet makes for a very big ac/heat plant.

Also most 1000 sq ft space is setup so the tentant will have to pay for maintence and repairs on the equipment.I know with some building in my area that the landlord makes the tentant pay for replacement equipment if needed.

• yup, chilled water...

This discussion has been closed.