Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tankless Hot Water Heater

Options
Russ_12
Russ_12 Member Posts: 1
I am interested in replacing my 10 year old water heater with a tankless system. The responses I received from a couple of installers has left me rethinking this idea and I would like to get some opinions. First of all, we currently have a recirculating loop on our system so that we get hot water within 5 to 10 seconds at each point of use. I am told that the lifetime of tankless water heaters is significantly shorter when used with a recirculating system. Is this true? Do I lose the energy savings as well? Also, do they work for low flow applications (washing hands, dishes)? Some reports have said that when you have a low flow application the tankless systems do not turn on. I have also heard reports that the lower priced systems ($1,000) have poorer construction and do not last as long as the more expensive and larger units ($2,500). Is this true? Which company makes the best tankless water heaters? Can I get my usual plumber to install it or do I need a special plumber to do the work? I suppose I could ask my plumber his thoughts as well, but how do I know he can do this?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.