Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

small gas boilers

Options
airhead
airhead Member Posts: 9
Hi, I am looking for replacement boilers [15] for an apartment building. The existing boilers are 11" wide with rear circ and top supply and are arranged all side by side in a row. I need 80% boilers with 50,000 btu output that can be installed the same way. It is a small mechanical room. Any suggestions, Thank you.

Comments

• kevin coppinger_15
    kevin coppinger_15 Member Posts: 35
    Options
    that's a pretty ...

tall order? what is in there now? kpc
  • Peter Zelchenko
    Peter Zelchenko Member Posts: 21
    Options
    Try...

Dunkirk's Model PWX-3. I did a job for an 8 unit w/ similar space constraints. PWX-3 is 11.5 in. wide, the supply & return tappings are on either side. A good installer should be able to make it work. Good Luck

Tom J.
  • Boilerpro_5
    Boilerpro_5 Member Posts: 407
    Options
    Sounds like Hydrotherms.

You may want to have them look at a couple of replacement boilers with Btu meters on each apartment. I t would save a fortune on equipment maintenance and upkeep. Besides, 50,000 btu/hr output is alot of btu's. That can heat close to 3,000 sq ft of properly insulated and weatherstripped freestanding home. Apartments usually have very low losses, so you can probably go with much smaller boilers. The smallest New yorker or Burnham gas atmospheric is about 37,000 input, more a small home or apartment size.

Boilerpro

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.