Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I'm getting into energy audits and I have to buy a gas analyzer.

Options
Tom Caron
Tom Caron Member Posts: 1
Does anyone have any recommendations on what gas analyzer to buy. I saw a number of Bacharach untis at a number of different prices and I could not tell what differences were. I know that i don't need a printer, but I would like to be abole to download informatin to my computer. I have to be able to measure O2 and CO. Don't know what else.
Thanks for your assistance.
Tom C.

Comments

• A.J.
    A.J. Member Posts: 257
    Options
    I have been using

a bacharach PCA now for about five years and I am very happy with it. It is just me but I wouldn't buy one with out a printer for documentation.
  • flue gas meters- testo

I switched to testo a few years back after trying 2-3 other brands. They have a great line of very reliable tools with excellent warranties
    JIm Patterson- OVHC
  • Dick Charland
    Dick Charland Member Posts: 178
    Options

Tom, check out the new PCA 2 at Bacharach, all of the features you need and more, allows download to your computer. We rep the product in New England if we can be of any help just call.

**** Charland
    E.R. Stephen Co.
    978-667-6399
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,692
    Options
    co

Tom, I'm sure you're an intelligent man. Are you going to be checking heating appliances with this? Are you going to be getting some training? If you're gonna be collecting fees for using this tool (CO and combustion diagnostics is not like working at the ice cream stand), you may want to know what it is you don't know. Jim Davis at NCI is the best in the business. I'm serious, you can't horse around with this stuff. I also think it's nuts not to print when you're done. We have 3 Bacharachs at our company; i know them like the back of my hand. I'd stick with the major brands like Bacharach, Testo, and TSI

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Chris S
    Chris S Member Posts: 177
    Options

I have a Bacarach in the shop, looked at the testo @ AHR,nice demo-etc. I had a sales rep Show me a Wohler today. Even simpler I bought one my use is to set up mod/ con boilers- Much better pricing than some of the others, reccomended by my supply house ( of course- it's what they sell ;) )

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • don_192
    don_192 Member Posts: 45
    Options
    You

You do not need one for energy audits.
  • Mark Hunt_5
    Mark Hunt_5 Member Posts: 53
    Options
    In NYS

the audits performed in conjunction with the EnergySmart program require combustion analysis on any combustion appliance in the home.

Mark H
  • tgm
    tgm Member Posts: 25
    Options

i have the bacharach pca-55 and have been very happy with it although i always forget to plug the printer in to charge it. guess i'm startin to get old... brain slippin and all
This discussion has been closed.