Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Roy Orbison

Options
Oh Yeah, that's a great video. It pops up on the PBS stations from time to time. I love it when great performers get together.

Comments

• Paul Fredricks_6
    Paul Fredricks_6 Member Posts: 88
    Options
    April 23, 1936

Roy's birthday today. Mr "Only The Lonely", Mr "Oh, Pretty Woman". The man had one of the most unique voices in the industry. He admitted to being in love with it himself.

Hard to believe we lost him almost 20 years ago!
  • Mark Hunt_4
    Mark Hunt_4 Member Posts: 68
    Options
    I grew up

listening to Roy. My parents were big fans of his and I am too.

He had one heck of a voice.

Thanks Paul!

Mark H
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Options
    I love that

when you open this post, the spam/pop-up is "Roy Orbison Ringtones" What's a "Boiler Ringtone"?

I loved Roy's work with The Travelling Wilbury's, listen to "You're Not Alone" - haunting voice. Thanks Paul
  • Paul Fredricks_6
    Paul Fredricks_6 Member Posts: 88
    Options

I always forget about them. What a great sound that bunch had. It all seemed so spontaneous and fun (though I'm sure there was quite a bit of production done). We used to do a few of their more popular numbers. It's fun picking out which voice belongs to who.
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    Options
    And

the record he released just before he died- "Mystery Girl"- was awesome. I really think his voice was at its best on that album.

Also check out his concert video- I think it's called "A Night in Black and White" where he's backed by an all-star band... including Bruce Springsteen, who once had the ambition to "sing like Roy Orbison".

"Steamhead"

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Options
    the voice

the man. The poor guy had so much bad happen to him in life. I wish I could see him singing his last hit, "you got it".

Thanks for reminding me Paul. I had a heck of a time finding the Wilburies on CD 8 years ago.
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Options
    I have both Willbury's CD's

If they are hard to find. Let me know

Rick Willbury
  • Gary Reecher
    Gary Reecher Member Posts: 111
    Options

Anyone else remember his movie "Fastest Guitar Alive?"
  • bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    Options
    sun artists

they did not figure out how great he was 'till he was dead. i still have his first records i bought when they came out in the late fities, early sixty. he was part of the sun records million dollar crew
This discussion has been closed.