Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Church baptismal

Options
Bob Sweet
Bob Sweet Member Posts: 540
If I understand your quest. the 25 gpm req is what the dedicated pool heater requires to satify the hx. Thought about decoupling it, that might be the way to go.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=443&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Bob Sweet
    Bob Sweet Member Posts: 540
    Options
    1800 gallons

the boiler will be running 24/7 if need be. Current equip. 250000 btu commercial water heater, we have venting constrictions 6" common vent will be grandfathered in.

Talked to boiler manuf. he suggested using a dedicated pool heater, my concern is the gpm req. of the heater is 25 g.p.m. I've got 1 1/4 copper supply and returns. Worried about velocity issues in the future.

Any suggestions of how to approach this??

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Mike Thomas_2
    Mike Thomas_2 Member Posts: 109
    Options
    Go Electric

Use a baptisimal spa pak. Get one set up with an 11kw heater. Get a 100 to 150 square ft cartridge filter. The spa pak will have the pump and controls. One good source would be www.horizonspaparts.net. Cover with a pool solar cover, looks like bubble pak. Throw two layers of it if you think you need more insulation. The big question to ask is, are they going to keep it heated all the time, or just fill and dump as needed? Fill and dump means no chemicals to worry about.
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    Options
    Decouple it?

Your 250 MBH and pool volume requires 15,000 BTUH per degree rise so the heater will get you about 15 degrees rise per hour. Is this a "fill and dump" situation or continuous circulation?

Can you use a plate exchanger to separate the two? Also what is magic about the 25 GPM? If it is just a 20 degree rise thing, what is wrong with 40 degrees at half the flow? Just seeking information so I can better understand it.
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    Baptismal or spa?

• J.C.A._3
    Options
    Baptismal or spa?

OOPS!
  • J.C.A._3
    Options
    Baptismal or spa?

We did a rather large baptism tank last year using a mod-con boiler, and a Turbomax tank.(reverse indirect, if you will use the term)

The church was very happy with it. Scott has all the gallonage numbers and the like. (I want to say just shy of 1500 gallons..but I'm not sure)

We also use the boiler to heat the classrooms for Sunday school and functions,the offices for the church as well as hot water for the kitchen for suppers, and whatever else they use it for.

All reports have been favorable so far. Just a suggestion. Chris
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,765
    Options
    Baptism pool

I did one of those years ago, can't quite remember exactly what i did then. But I would think a braze plate heat exchanger and a condenser would be an ideal pick. Did you say they just circ the water or fill and dump, or add fresh all the time and drain off some? Just wonderin. Tim
This discussion has been closed.