Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Oil Boiler recommendations

Options
Robert O'Brien
Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
agree with Steamhead.You might also want to take a look at Energy Kinetics,made in Lebanon NJ

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=313&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>
To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.

Comments

• Yonson
    Yonson Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Need boiler recommendation

I have a 50 year old boiler that works fine but with the price of fuel I think it is time to replace.

My specs:
    2700 sq ft home,
    New Jersey,
    2 story,
    new windows and attic insulation,
    3 heat zones and 1 zone for indirect hot water tank with priority control,
    Currently have an 86000 btu boiler,
    Hot water baseboard,
    Oil,
    Baseboard is one continuous line on each zone with circulator for each.

Can you folks give me the names and/or any other recommendations for a new boiler? Looking for good efficiency and reliability. My chimney is 8x8 red clay? lined. With new unit would I need this lined?

I am just beginning the process of replacement and am looking to have it complete for next winter season.
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,765
    Options
    Is only option Oil

If oil is only option then I would defer to oil companies here. If gas is option, look at Triangle Tube prestige boiler. Great little gas mod/con boiler. Good luck, Tim
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    Options
    Go with a \"3-pass\" boiler

boilers with this design are a bit more efficient and much easier to service.

Examples are Biasi, Buderus G115 series, Burnham MPO, Slant/Fin Eutectic, Solaia, Viessmann (the Mercedes of boilers) and others.

The Solaia can be had from the factory with either oil or gas burners, letting you switch fuels without buying a new boiler.

"Steamhead"

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Yonson
    Yonson Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Energy Kinetics / Crown

Thanks for the advice of my previous post. I called Energy Kinetics and my plumber is not qualified to install it. Apparently you must be trained to install it. So this leaves them out of the running. I have used my plumber several times trust him, is reliable, and has good pricing.

My local supply house highly recommended the Crown Freeport boiler. Any input on this brand?
  • Norm Harvey
    Norm Harvey Member Posts: 684
    Options

Ive installed a bunch of crown freeports, I think they are a great boiler.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.