Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Munchkin

Options
Derheatmeister
Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,545
The combustion air is coming from outside the Building? no lint can get sucked in ? do not get me Wrong! I recommend service at least once a year sometime even Two times , depending on lot of factors.

Comments

• Pete_36
    Pete_36 Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Munchkin

I have 1 year old Munchkin VWH in a laundromat that failed today with a F09 code. The drain was clogged. Also the pump was leaking alot of water from the seal. I replaced the pump with a new one a B&G PL36B, the one that came with it had no name on it. The
    I checked the combustion chamber and was amazed at how dirty it was. I cleaned and scrubbed it down with CLR and put it back together. I guess I will have to do this once a year.
  • Pete_36
    Options

I think the pump I replaced was a Armstrong E9B. What is better the B&G PL36b or the Armstrong E9B?
  • Justin Gavin_5
    Justin Gavin_5 Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Maintenance

Yes you will have to clean you boiler (VWH) on an annual basis. Mabye even semi-annual depending on your heavy use.

In my experience I have found that a pump is a pump is a pump. I know others might contest this and most of the advantages are in the ease of maintenance but these smaller pumps are throw away. I know the B&G has a 3 year warranty I don't know about the armstrong. Save your reciept.
  • Pete_36
    Options

Justin,
    Thanks for the info. I have 2 more units at another laundromat that are 2 years old and I never cleaned them. I will clean them this week.
    How do you think these units will hold up in a laundromat?
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,545
    Options

Just have seen you post and as soon as i seen that you have these boiler's installed in a laundromat it raised the question about combustion air ....... Hopefully the Combustion Air is Far away from any chemicals!! chlorine ... as far as i understand Chlorine changes to Hydrochloric acid when it passes thru the combustion chamber. even stainless in time will deteriorate if it's subjected to this environment. Viessmann will automatically void your warranty if your boiler is even near to any of these chemicals, even if the combustion air is no were near to the chemicals.
  • Pete_36
    Options

I have them located in the basement and vented straight up thru the roof. I believe they are from any chlorine fumes.
  • Pete_36
    Options

I don't think I am getting any lint in. I will check the chamber every 6 months as you suggest. Do you think these units are good for a laundromat assuming they are properly installed?
    Thanks
  • Pete_36
    Options
    Munchkin combustion chamber

I just checked another one of my Munchkins at a laundromat that was installed 2 years ago. It was pretty clean it the coil was greenish in color (lime). I cleaned it with CLR and flushed the condesate line. I got one more to clean. I have to say it is very easy to clean these units.
This discussion has been closed.