Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Penn Station to Javits Center?

Options
What's the best way to get from Penn Station to the Javits Center? I'm hearing about shuttles but I'd like more details if anyone could help. I'll be hanging around the Robur stand on Thursday if anyone wants to stop by and say hello.

Comments

• Bill W@Honeywell
    Bill W@Honeywell Member Posts: 164
    Options
    Follow signs to \"Taxi\" Ground transportation

Cab should be less than $20. Use yellow cabs ONLY! There's usually a busy taxi stand right outside the door.
  • Paul Fredricks_5
    Paul Fredricks_5 Member Posts: 132
    Options

Here's the link to the shuttle bus schedule:

http://www.ahrexpo.com/travel/forms/shuttlebusschedule.pdf
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,231
    Options
    It's very walkable.

But a cab should be around $5-$6.

Javits is around 35th St and 11th Ave and Penn Sta. is 34nd St and 8th Ave.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • So around 10 blocks?

Not bad. We'll see how I feel when I get there. ;)

Thank you all!

m
  • less than a mile...

I got around 4000 feet from penn to Javits. Very easy. Like 1 or 2 blocks up to 34th and then 3 over to 11th. Will I get mugged walking back in the dark? Should I bring extra cash in case. ;)

Me and a buddy got robbed at knifepoint by three guys in Waukegan, Il many years ago. He had money, I hadn't cashed my paycheck yet so I had NONE! Not even a DIME! Worst feeling in the world telling a group of robbers you have no money to give them.

• joel_19
    joel_19 Member Posts: 931
    Options
    N.Y.

nice yet another reason to live in N.E....... where you can walk anywhere without fear sept maybe Murderpan and Stab'n hill.
  • piperbob
    piperbob Member Posts: 8
    Options
    penn station

walking distance easy, only about five blocks west towards the river.

Bob

penn station-32nd
    grand central-42nd
  • Update...

made it into Penn and walked the few blocks to the Show. What a great place NYC is. I will take exception to the way overpriced sub quality food offered at the Javits though. I do believe I ate the absolute WORST General Tso's I ever have and paid through the nose for it. The only place that MIGHT have been good to eat at, "Big George's' was jammed so I went for the Chinese instead. A very bad mistake. :(

So THANK YOU ALL for the help! ;)
  • Keith C
    Keith C Member Posts: 7
    Options

Big George's smelled great, I agree. I went for the Italian and was surprised at how good the tomato sauce was. Then again, for 15 dollars it better have been. I'm glad you liked NYC. It has its good and bad, I guess.

Keith

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • scrook_2
    scrook_2 Member Posts: 610
    Options
    a.k.a.

stab 'n kill
  • Mental note...

Next time go for the Italian... ;)

This discussion has been closed.