Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

dayton unit heater

Options
does anyone know where i can find a schematic for a dayton 3E376D on the net. a search for their site only comes up as trade refs, and grainger doesn't seem to have anything either, and their parts break down didn't work

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    aside from the side of the unit

does anyone know where i can find a schematic for a dayton 3E376D on the net. a search for their site only comes up as trade refs, and grainger doesn't seem to have anything either, and their parts break down didn't work
  • Jim Bennett
    Jim Bennett Member Posts: 607
    Options
    Grainger

Most Dayton unit heaters are re badged Beacon Morris. Try their web site.

http://www.beacon-morris.com/html/gas_burner_heat_propeller_btu.asp

Jim

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    whoa!

what was that, the magic of the net, or are you really a magician that serves as a mild-mannered heating reporter for a daily multipolitan heatingpaper?

thanks for the prompt response, and close, but no cigar.

this dayton is a double unit/two propellers, and the wiring is peculiar, in that it has three high limits, with one being a resetable, exhaust, clog detector. the other two are standard highs, but the three's series wiring had an, unfamiliar to me, direct 24v connection between the, three-legged/two standard highs, and i wanted to study the complete schematic here at my desk, vs on a 14' extension ladder in the dustiest, glue-smellingest, unventilated, unfiltered cabinet shop on the planet
  • Jim Bennett
    Options
    Mike...

If you can wait until Monday I may be able to get a schematic.

The company I work for is installing dozens of those double units on a project.

I'll see what I can turn up.

Jim

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    yeppers

i can wait. it happened to be the last thing i did friday, and it's just ticking away in me brain

thanks
  • Jim Bennett
    Options
    Mike....

I emailed that schematic.
    hope it helped,

Jim

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    yep, i got it

and it makes mo better sense of it all in the tripped high limit event. and i should have the replacement limits by tomorrow morning

thanks
This discussion has been closed.