Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

HONEYWELL AIR CLEANER

Options
Marvin_2
Marvin_2 Member Posts: 1
Upgraded whole house air cleaner from standard pleated air filter (had to change every 3 weeks) to Honeywell F300 whole house electronic filter. Problem is that this unit has never filtered anything. It's been 4 months and the unit is still as clean as new. The power is ok and and the arc (snap) test is good. Honeywell has no answeres and even exchanged the unit--no help. Any suggestions??

Comments

• Tombig_2
    Tombig_2 Member Posts: 231
    Options
    EAC's

I've always been suspect of electronic air cleaners...until I look at the clean blower compartments after many years of service. Cleaner than media installations for sure. They must perform as advertised. The elements dont seem to collect much by cleaning time so I figure "where is the dirt going? "Zapped" into a fifth dimension perhaps?

I usually install four or five inch media on my higher end residential jobs. What thickness filter were you replacing every three weeks? If your curious temporarily install a 1" throwaway downstream of the EAC and see what it collects.
  • carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397
    Options

Did you try putting one of the cells in a tub of hot water with dishwasher detergent in it. Even though the cell looks clean, the water will turn dark--provided the cell hasn't been washed in a couple months.
This discussion has been closed.