Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

one pipe system

Options
johnnyge
johnnyge Member Posts: 86
I have in my house one pipe steam system ,and I don't have problem with any kind of smells. The problem that i had was pipes banging, situation that has been corrected. Now if you should or shouldn't instal a one pipe system it will be your decision and on what is it that you are looking for. Energy Saving, cost of unit and installetion, maybe a pro in this site can help you better I am a homeowner.

Comments

• paulina
    paulina Member Posts: 5
    Options
    one pipe system

I read that a one pipe system can have a bad odor? Is this accurate? If so, what causes it or should one not put in a one pipe system? Thanks
  • paulina
    paulina Member Posts: 5
    Options
    one pipe system

I read that a one pipe system can have a bad odor? Is this accurate? If so, what causes it or should one not put in a one pipe system? Thanks
  • David Sutton_6
    David Sutton_6 Member Posts: 1,079
    Options
    Hello Paulina

Paulina, what system do you have now?, you said put in a one pipe system?. if your talking about replacing the boiler, and having odors, that would happen after a new boiler is installed and its only till its skimmed and cleaned then its fine. if the boiler is cleaned , you will no have that.one pipe steam system is very efficent and dependable if taken care of, plus you can't beat the toasty rads..:-)...David

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.