Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

federal rebate boilers

Options
Rob_35
Rob_35 Member Posts: 33
http://www.gamanet.org/gama/inforesources.nsf/vAttachmentLaunch/7CBCA9748DEBBBF78525716F00510D95/$FILE/BR%2095AFUE.pdf

Comments

• Jim Pompetti
    Jim Pompetti Member Posts: 552
    Options
    rebates on boilers

Anyone have a list of boiler that qualify for the fed rebate?
  • Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    Options
    Dunkirk Quantum 95M-200?

The one that seems to dominate the banner ad above, I think that is the only one that meets 95% by the AFUE standard the feds use.

The nitwits. :)
  • Kevin_42
    Kevin_42 Member Posts: 5
    Options

But of course, leave the neanderthal oil burners out of the equation.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • S Ebels
    S Ebels Member Posts: 2,322
    Options
    $150.00

BIG DEAL! I wish they'd get serious about encouraging the use of high efficiency SYSTEMS, not appliances rated by a faulty method. They just don't get it!

Edit:What I'm talking about would be something meaningful like mandatory solar assist for DHW on all new residential construction. Or, get with the program and start moving things away from standard stick built construction; of which the best is only mediocre compared to what can be achieved with alternative methods. In addition, I'd bet that many more $$.$$ could be saved over a very short time by offering incentives to design houses, regardless of construction type, to heat and cool passively. (Think how the builders associations would scream about those things!)

Those are the types of things I mean when using the term "system". It's not just about the AFUE of the appliance, the whole building has to be designed to utilize every advantage available.
  • Fred Campbell
    Fred Campbell Member Posts: 80
    Options
    Tax Incentive

Hear, hear SE!! Not only the qualifying criteria but the amount as well. A joke!!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    GASP, SHOCK HORROR OF HORRORS....

Where is the gubernmint when you need them?

How is it that ony the Quantums qualify for the federal tax credit? Could it be that a mistake was made when chosing the respective AFUE efficiency requirements?

Why have not the rest of the mod-con industry gotten up in arms about this? Could it be the basic weakness of the effort in the first place?

You have to ask yourself, is the rebate worth the mental gymnastics you will put yourself or your customers through to get it from our gubernmint?

Not me and my time or money...

ME
  • Perry_2
    Perry_2 Member Posts: 381
    Options
    List of all energy rebates available

www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=products.pr_tax_credits#6

Note that the GAMA list is usually not considered as complete. The key to getting the tax rebate is the "Manufacturer's Certification Statement."

If a Mfr provides the statement - then you get the rebate.

Note how much a hot water heater rebate is compared to a boiler rebate. Why doesn't a new inderect with a very efficient boiler qualify?

Edited to add: So how come the Mfr's are not providing the certification? It ought to be a slam dunk to help them move product (consumers are so addicted to rebates and tax credits they will bite on junk with money back vs the good stuff).

Perry
This discussion has been closed.