Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

new boiler pics

Options

Comments

• David Sutton_6
    David Sutton_6 Member Posts: 1,079
    Options
    Old to new

Mr Rich Ferris and i did this one on tue and finished the wiring and clean up on wed morning.
    Great job Rich !!!

Yes thats my mug shot...:-)

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ted_4
    Ted_4 Member Posts: 92
    Options
    Warrm

Boy - a radiator to keep the boiler warm. Now that's thinkin'!

Nice looking job, though. Good work.
  • Ray Landry_2
    Ray Landry_2 Member Posts: 114
    Options

Nice job as usual David. How do you like the preformance of the 32 gallon tanks? 2 ?'s for you- any grief from the inspector about no baro dampner? And, how come that Riello is pushed so far into the chamber?
  • David Sutton_6
    Options
    Hi Ray

Tha boiler dose not require one and if the boiler specs say so, so will the inspecter,he goes with what the boiler mfg calls for. the tube calls for the depth its at...i was aking rich about that and he said it calls for 10 depth..seems deep huh...DAvid

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ken D.
    Ken D. Member Posts: 836
    Options
    Boiler

Nice!
  • jackchips_2
    jackchips_2 Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Indeed,

Nice.
  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    Options
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• Brad White_109
    Brad White_109 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    And you forgot to mention the help you had

from Dr. Pepper...

I am seeing a tradition here.
  • Nice install Dave and Rich

I like the extra effort involved with the blocks under the boiler . Servicemen can actually sit on a bucket to do a tuneup . Have you been using that type Buderus indirect for a while ? How are they lasting ? We're looking for something a little less heavy than what we use now . Every indirect is a 2 man job nowadays .
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    Nice job David !

I too, like the radiator that keeps the boiler warm.

One question...Why did you retain the old style circulator? Was it a price thing?

Nice to see the jumble of pipes "before", disappear. I'm sure the homeowner will be very happy with his new fuel bills. Chris
  • Rich Ferris
    Rich Ferris Member Posts: 72
    Options
    That circulator had just been installed recently

In defense of the circulator question. That 110 was supposedly installed recently by another company and it cost the customer quite a bit. Seems they had replace an older 110 with a 007 and had nothing but problems with the radiant system. She really didn't want me to change it out. So in turn it was a cost thing. As far as the tube length goes the spec is 10". Yea HMMMM as David would say.

Thanks,

Rich Ferris
  • J.C.A._3
    Options
    Thanks Rich.

I knew there HAD to be a reason! Chris
  • Josh_10
    Josh_10 Member Posts: 787
    Options

Ahhh only the finest from Ranger Dave! How are things? I bet you have been doing some great camping trips this summer!

• soot_seeker_2
    soot_seeker_2 Member Posts: 228
    Options
    liner?

was a chimney liner required for that install?

ss
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Can't tell from the photo

Is that 3/4 to the indirect ?

Nice neat work.

Scott

• Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Options
    Very nice....

... the jumble of pipes and other thingamabobs is tamed, pruned, and leveled. Another happy homeowner, no doubt.
  • David Sutton_6
    Options
  • John White
    John White Member Posts: 120
    Options
    110 circ

If I may say so, it is nice to see the old 110 in the pic. I can honestly say, regardless of the size, and price, and a few other issues, it is a great pump. I would never fall short of standing up for it.
    ( Guess I have to say I'm SLIGHTLY partial to the 00 series!!!!!)
    But, believe it or not, we still sell quite a few 110's.
    I really enjoy this wall time. You guys are really great.
    By the way, wait till you see the stuff we have coming down the line for you in terms of new products. Stuff you've asked for, stuff you want.
    Don't forget one of my main reasons for keeping this company private and running it the way I do: IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU!!!
    Johnny White
  • David Sutton_6
    Options
    Thank you Johnny !!

Its men like yourself that keep us growing and doing things better ! Thank you for the compliment...David

• What I'd like to see

John , I've been using the Taco line since I started in 1986 , and by far your company makes the most dependable products on our systems . At least one LWCO , pressure reducer , relay , air eliminator , and a few circs on every install . 3 or 4 boilers a week for decades , and that's just me .

What I'd like to see , and I'm not even sure if it's feasible , is a circulator with built in temperature regulation for radiant . Something with mixing abilities in the circ itself , It would simplify multi temp systems dramatically .
  • J.C.A._3
    Options
    Great call Ron !!!!

I too, would like to see the pump built into the mixing device.

We've used quite a few of the 3 way mixers, but if the pump was put in the right place..these would be the bomb ! (John, are you listening?)

I would also like to see the multi-speed function on the "green guy".

As an aside...we recently had a rep from Emerson Swan out to our shop for some in house training.His first comment was..."I see you use Grundfos pumps with most of your installs...are you running them on the MED. or High setting?"

When I told him that in most instances, we are running them on "LO", he said..and I quote" That's the same as our 005/6!". He's right! But.... most of the systems I look at are considerably "over-pumped"...to a fault. When it works on "LO" it is always a good thing. If it doesn't ...then bump it up to MED, and it's the same as 007-008, with few acceptions.

I like AND respect John, and his company for what they bring to the table. I use many of their products day in and out...but would truly love to see the technology for variable/multi-speed brought into their line. I think it would be a great solution to the question asked in a recent post. (for the record, while waiting for someone to show up to let me into a job one day, I was sitting on the bench out front....reading the cut sheets from a few different manufacturers. I noticed that the G UP15-58 will cover ...from a 006-up to the 0010 W/ifc, using the different speeds available.

Taco has the 3 and 4 way mixers available now. They also have the circulators with a built in relay for each....I don't think it would be a stretch to combine the 2 and make a world beating "multi-utilitarian, all-in-one mixing/tempering device...for anything that may arise".

So Johnny...Whatdayathink? Chris (P.S. I want MY cut!) JCA
  • John White
    John White Member Posts: 120
    Options
    quick

If you don't mind, I will get to these issues early in the week...I'm sort of on the run now.
    However, please don't for a moment think Taco is sitting around not doing anything technologically. What is coming, as I said yesterday, is really great. Also remember, all of what we do is for THIS market, not a by-product of another. This is VERY important.
    Be very careful on LO speeds of starting torque issues. Just a recommendation. Nothing negative here, because I totally respect what is out there and the reasons for people using whatever. Just a thought...I've been at this for almost 30 years!!! I've actually retained a few things I've learned.

Anyone is welcome to call me at Taco and chat any time. This input is increadibly valuable.(#401-942-8000)
    Have a wonderful weekend!!
  • Josh_10
    Josh_10 Member Posts: 787
    Options

Looks like a great bunch of boys. I can't wait until Hunter is a few years older.

• Joe@buderus_2
    Joe@buderus_2 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    BATTLESHIP COVE

Looks like a visit to Battleship cove in Fall River Mass. Went with our den last year and spent the night! What a great trip. Can't tell you who had more fun, the boys or the "Big" boys.
  • Joe@buderus_2
    Joe@buderus_2 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Vent Damper

A vent damper would be required if the draft exceeds what is needed at the breech of the boiler. Riello's like zero to slight positive over the fire. Install looks great. The Logamatic should provide some nice fuel savings.
  • David Sutton_6
    Options
    Morning Joe

Yes you are so right!All i can say is wow! i had a great time there(so did the boys )i was realy amazed with all that i saw, Boiler rooms were cool...Cant get to close thu, Bet Dan would have fun in there;-)....David

• Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 707
    Options

In response to your message regarding the 3 and 4 way mixers, circulators with a built in relay for each, these two products have already been married into 1 product, hence the Radiant Mixing Block, RMB-1. Taco, also offers the variable speed circulators for mixing, and injection. For your reference I attached the Radiant Variable Speed Outdoor Reset '00' Circulator informational data sheet.
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
This discussion has been closed.