Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

System 2000

Options
we install them also and they are excellent. some are tempermental depending on how the unit is vented. pay close attention to buderus specs(overfire draft +/-, nozzle maufacture) and you'll be happy.
note:one of our senior techs installed a g115 with ecomatic and if he could do it over, he would install a system 2. so would i.

They call me "Hot Pipe"

Comments

• Paul Meyer
    Paul Meyer Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Energy Kinetics System 2000

New construction, looking for the best hydronic oil heat -
    My plumber wants to install Buderus, I wanted System 2000, but he has many bad experiences trying to keep the system running properly. What is the general consensus on these units here ?
    Is it hard to find someone properly trained ?

Also - control boards subject to lightening strikes ( more horror stories ) ?
    Thanks
    Paul in NY

• If a bolt of lightning strikes your house I think your going to have more serious problems than your heating system. But there are only 2 proprietary parts on a system 2000 and the unit can run just fine without either of them. If the digital manager becomes a problem, either install a bypass board, or simply remove one of the BSR wires on the left side of the manager and the unit will run like a simple high limit boiler untill the repair can be made.

I am a big fan of System 2000 for high temperature baseboard or radiator heating. They come standard with everything that is extra on the buderus.

As far as service,.. many people are afraid to service them simply because they are different. System 2000 only sells to dealers,.. so in theory the person who installs it SHOULD know what they are doing, and you can have them service it on a yearly basis for you.

Take a look at a few of the system 2000 intalls here under the portfolio section
    http://www.indoil.com

I highly recommend system 2000 if your application and design calls for baseboard or radiators

Good Luck!

- Norm Harvey, Independent Burner Service

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Nick L. in Vt
    Nick L. in Vt Member Posts: 87
    Options
    popular in southern vt/nh.

we deal in them, and service many more. easy to install and service. frequency of problems comparable to other systems. new manager board more reliable than older board. temp sensors are problematic, but does not result in loss of heat and easily diagnosed/replaced. good warranty excellent support(talk to carl)my $.02

They call me "Hot Pipe"
This discussion has been closed.