Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Supermarket Refrigeration

Options
Ted:

There are many things you can do to improve your efficiency in this type of invorment. The thing is the ma and pop store think they can't afford it. Plus most won't spend the money because they don't see the benifit. The ashere show gives you Ideals every year. If the equipment is kept up properly it can last a long time but if not it will need to be replaced between 10 and 20 years. Then you have some types of produce that eats the coils away. Next, if you want to recover some of you energy you can us heat reclaim or other types of systems that can provide energy savings by not having to defrost your coils. I know a few but most people don't want to invest the time or money.

Larry

Comments

• Ted_4
    Ted_4 Member Posts: 92
    Options
    Supermarket Refrigeration

I will be looking at the energy performance of food stores (from the corner Mom & Pop to the full service supermarket)in an urban environment and wonder whether anyone could recommend a source of up-to-date info on evaluating refrigeration equipment: efficiency improvements, when to replace, equipment ratings, new technologies, etc? Thanks!
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Options
    This sounds like a job for....

This sounds like a job for.... TECHMAN!

Randy, where are you?
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    Ted-PROFESSOR!!??!!??!!??

Evening All! Hay,I'm just a mechanic with a BIG mouth, open mouth insert feet!!!!All I can input is from the workers view point! I am definatly not in the same class as others who frequent this wonderful site!My mechanical experience has taught me many ways to save money, electricity,and equipment life .I'm here to learn! So, please ,ALL you Gentlemen , Tell me, what I have been doing all these years!Thank You!
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    Super Market

Morning!In any type of "store",I find that most HVAC units are poorly maintained. Plugged cond coils seem to be very popular! Dropping the "head" drops the "total" operating costs of any store! I REALLY like taking on new customers so I can ply my trade of "energy management".I wash my units with a regular garden hose every year ,it is amazing how much better the units run,and with a "full "inspection it is equally amazing that the units run from inspection to inspection with very, very, few service calls.SO , much fewer service, lower energy costs, and extended equipment life "most" times make for a more reliable customer base.
This discussion has been closed.