Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Where to buy radiator connector/flare adapter to valve?

Brian K
Brian K Member Posts: 7
Where to buy radiator connector/flare adapter to valve?

I've got some old radiators from salvage place and wanting to put in my own hydronic gravity fed system in a cabin. However, these radiators have some special flared tip + ring nut (1.25" I think). See attached. Where could I buy these? I need to get to a 3/4" pipe.

[email protected]


  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    That's actually

    part of an old valve there. Radiator valves generally have unions built into them. The part you have is screwed into the bushing which is then screwed into the body of the radiator valve. It can be removed, but it might be difficult.

    Once this part is out, another bushing can be installed to reduce to whatever pipe size you're using. But I have to wonder- will 3/4-inch be enough to supply that rad by gravity?

    To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Alan_11
    Alan_11 Member Posts: 64
    The rest of the story

    Can you post a picture of the whole radiator. It looks like you might have bought a steam radiator for use in a water system.
This discussion has been closed.