Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

burnham power vent hot water gas boiler

installed one of theses boilers and the vent is extremely lound have installed others and never had a problem. the fan seems to be running good and clear of any obstructions but the flue pipe is leting off a lound bass like sound, very loud any suggestions?
thanks
eddie

Comments

• Eddie

Is this by any chance a PVG model boiler and has it been field converted to propane? Let me know which model it is and I'll let you know what the problem may be.

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Technical Development

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.
  • EMC PLUMBING
    EMC PLUMBING Member Posts: 22

model # off boiler is 205PVNI-T2 and has not been converted boiler is about 1 year old
    thanks for any help you can give me
    EDDIE
  • Eddie

If you were describing this sound, would it be the sound that you would hear if something were vibrating, metal on metal? Or would it be the sound a musical instrument would make such as an Oboe or Bassoon? I would suspect that it is the latter type of sound you are hearing.

I would check the gas pressure at the manifold side of the gas valve. This boiler has a step opening gas valve so you should be seeing 0.7" w.c. initially stepping up to 3.5" w.c. for main flame. The sound you are hearing is generally related to an air to fuel inbalance of sorts.

Has anything changed in this house in the past year such as the boiler now being in a confined space with inadequate air for combustion? Is the amount of stainless vent pipe and fittings within the maximums? If this didn't act like this up until now there has to be something that has changed and it generally is related to either gas pressure, flue gas movement or combustion air. let me know.

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Technical Development

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.
  • EMC PLUMBING
    EMC PLUMBING Member Posts: 22
    gleen

yes it is making the later sound of a Oboe or Bassoon. But this has been doing this since installation.DO you have any info on a web site that i can use to test gas pressure. ill send you a email
    thanks
    eddie
This discussion has been closed.