Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Zc/Zr unorthodox control set boss' request

Options
Jim_64
Jim_64 Member Posts: 253
Thanks for the imput Boss went to vermont and I did not want to bother him. Thanks for helping the green mechanic

Comments

• Jim_64
    Jim_64 Member Posts: 253
    Options
    help on control issue stuck in the middle

The client wants a 4ft piece of C/I baseboard and a runtal radiator to heat when three zones call but not when the indirect calls. It was piped it in an old fashion two pipe feed and return. I went ther because it was heating on gravity flow (no flow check) it was not hot just warm. My boss had me install a 3/4 taco sweat check. This "demizone" heated well before the check was installed, powered by the circulators on the other 3 zones. To day he sends me with a taco 005 and tells me to install a single zone relay jump jump tt on new relay and power the relay from ZC/ZR on the existing taco four zone relay pack. will this work the oil guy says it will not boss says it will.
  • John@Reliable_14
    John@Reliable_14 Member Posts: 171
    Options
    larry, sorry , but I think the boss is right

I would need to look it up, but I think it goes like this, ZC is powered when cir is powered and ZR is powered when above low limit of control. Check out fact sheet on a L8124A which will show ZC / ZR and 845 relay wiring spec's
  • You should be able

to integrate a single Taco relay into the 4 zoner . Taco has detailed wiring diagrams on their website . I know you can do it that way with ZC / ZR , using the single relay as the priority zone . Rewire the indirect into the single relay and you'll be set .
  • laurence salvatore_2
    Options
    zc

John, it worked just like you and the boss said it would thanks again
This discussion has been closed.