Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Working on the Knight moves

Options
that's fine work!

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=367&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,189
    Options
    dos 210 wall hungs

in a commercial shop. Still need to run condensate lines, finish wiring, maybe insulate, or maybe leave bare copper?

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Options
  • Ross_20
    Ross_20 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Looks Good, Hot Rod

Nice work, HR. Is that a Honeywell air sepator? How do you like them, compared to other brands? What is this install for? Ross
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    knights

Nice install very simple. We did our first wall hung night last month. I like the new set up and like that the air seperator for the heat exchanger is on top of the boiler outside the jacket.
  • Jason Quinn_2
    Jason Quinn_2 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Very Nice

Thanks for sharing, once again. Your job pic's always give me something to work towards. Does your wiring include all of the EMT work and bringing power to the units? If so, is this normal for most of your installations? As a plumber, I am in the process of studying controls and basic wiring- just want to know how far I potentially have to go with it. Thanks again.
  • Paul Rohrs_7
    Paul Rohrs_7 Member Posts: 173
    Options
    Nice

Nice work with the Curvo. Fostapex looks nice too. What is your protocol with the fill valve? Do you fill and then turn it off? Is that a Caleffi brand that operates under line pressure until "equalizing" out at the pre-set or 12psi mark?

Another question...What kind of Delta t are you running? (at design conditions) 420,000 btus with 20ea 1/2" loops at a 20 degree Delta T = 2.1gpm per loop. Pump looks like a 15-58?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Paul
  • PeterGriffin
    PeterGriffin Member Posts: 79
    Options
    That Rocks!!

Man oh man, I love the bends! Is it very common to bend the pipe rather than use fittings?

Also, all the manifolds I've done (probably 4 haha) are all with 1x1/2 tee's. How did you do your's?

aaand, after looking again, is there any reason that the expansion tank is teed in with the fill line instead of having it straight off the separator?? Is it to have fresh water going through the scoop before the rest of the system? Certainly not questioning your work, just very curious!!

Looks great

Thanks,

Rankin
  • hot_rod
    Options
    Thanks gentlemen

Jason on this job the electrical contractor did the wiring. I did the rubber cord to the circs on a weekend to get it running. The electrician may flex them if the inspector so desires. Gas pipe and water was done by the plumber. I left him room to add a backflow device.

The manifolds were built to order by Watts Radiant. Great quality, pressure tested and polished when they arrive. Saves a lot of time.

Location of the two Webstone valves assured a good flush and purge through the boilers, well worth the money.

I remote mounted the expansion tanks with FostaPex just to fit the space better. They wanted everything on one wall. As long as the expansion tank is located so the main circ is pumping way, actual location is not a concern.

The Caleffi fill valves are great, easy to adjust, nice built in shut off valve and spring check.

Paul the design is from Watts Radiant Works 253,396 load (the engineer had a copper tube 634,00 in the spec) Those are the new 26-99 3 speed circs in all 3 places. Hard to find a system pump with a 25 gpm flow at 6.10 ft of head! Nice pump, I really like the way the pump flange holds the nut, no need for two wrenches to tighten, nice feature. 400 foot loops of 5/8" RadiantPexl

This is the first time I have used a Honeywell purger in quite a while. It's what the supplier had on the shelf, I like the Caleffi normally. It worked great, they have made some nice improvements.

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    Options

Yeah, Ain't it funny how the Knight moves?

Sweet job. Simple, yet all there...

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • UnitedP&H
    UnitedP&H Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Leave your Signature

The long sweep bends tend to be your signature Hot Rod (and they make great sense) You must own a T-Drill or a similar tapping device. Gives you alot of flexability to customize.

Like the compact layout!

Rich
  • Heatman_2
    Heatman_2 Member Posts: 65
    Options
    exp. tank

What type strap is holding the expansion tank? I've noticed this method on your pics, looks very clean.
  • hot_rod
    Options
    the straps are

made for me by a local sheetmetal shop. I'm designing a better one that holds the tank upright, the prefered mounting position according to most installation manuals.

Although I don't know a sideways mount limits the life expectancy, for sure.

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
This discussion has been closed.