Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

vitoden

Options
I've been told I'll be installing a vitoden 200 some time in february. I've got more questions than answers.

Q. It appears the 200 must be wired 230 volts. Does this mean I should use a pump that is 230v or should I use (order) the expansion board.

Q. Should I get a LWCO that is 230v

G

Comments

• Brad White_184
    Brad White_184 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    Vitodens

The Vitodens for the US market comes with a power supply unit which plugs into a 120V receptacle. It automatically converts US standard 120/1/60 power to what I believe is 230V/50 Hz.

(The Vitodens is literally "off the shelf" from Germany hence the power supply.) It is truly a plug-in device, that power supply.

If your Vitodens is the 6-24 or 8-30, the internal circulator is pre-wired and runs off of the internal power hence that circulator requires no other electrical connection.

If you have a larger Vitodens, the circulator is external I believe and I do not know if it requires any particular power. Someone else will have to field that one.

As for the LWCO, I use a 120V and is wired in series to the 120V circuit which serves the power supply unit. Stops the entire works if tripped.

The way I wired ours is, in order of appearance and FWIW:

Red-Plate Switch, CO detector on same circuit, LWCO, Single Receptacle, Brick-Wall surge suppressor with integral outlet, plugged-in power supply and harness connection to the Vitodens.
  • Bob R
    Bob R Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Vitodens

The boiler comes with a power/pump module. It plugs into a 110 vac outlet. It converts 110 vac to the 220 vac required for the boiler. It also provides 110 vac to power your system and DHW pumps.
    The boiler has a flow switch so unless some local code calls for a LWCO you basically already have one built in.
    If your company is going to have you install it with no training it will be frustrating. I hope someone with some experience will be assisting.
    Bob
This discussion has been closed.