Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Accounting

Options
But we are very impressed with the Wintac Pro software that Scott Milne recommended. We are pursuing a transition to Wintac in the next few months.

Regards,

PR

Comments

• Tim Doran_4
    Tim Doran_4 Member Posts: 138
    Options
    What Software?

What accounting and/or business management software do you prefer and why? Do you use contact management programs? Do you store project records electronically or on paper?

Tim D.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Canuck_3
    Canuck_3 Member Posts: 39
    Options
    Quick Books Pro...

...is the way we keep our accounting records. It's a bit to learn but gives you almost endless options for report formats like job profitability/loss, A/R & A/P aging, payroll, etc. We also use Microsoft Outlook to manage our contacts. We find it versatile for information storage & retrival, time scheduling and email. We try to store as much of anything electronically, (to reduce hard copy storage area), but do need to keep all of the packing slips, invoices and receipts that come in day-to-day. I can only imagine the volume if it was all hard copy - phew!
  • Paul_11
    Paul_11 Member Posts: 210
    Options
    We use ERGOS

It is expensive, but it is awesome.
    Full accounting package,
    flatrate book with tasks that just drop into your invoice. My dispatcher does all the COD billing when he closes a call when the tech calls in to say he is done.
    Full dispatch board.
    Reports are terriffic.
    You name it, it's got it.
    As you can tell, I love it.
    Fast
    Respectfully,

Paul B. Shay
    pshay@arealgoodplumber.com
    LMP 1307
    LMFS 654B
    OUR MISSION: TO PROVIDE WORLD CLASS PLUMBING, HEATING, AND SPRINKLER SERVICE TO EACH AND EVERY CLIENT WE SERVE, FAR EXCEEDING THEIR HIGHEST EXPECTATIONS!

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Since 1990, I have made steam systems quiet, comfortable, and efficient. We provide comfort while saving the planet.
    NYC RETROFIT ACCELERATOR QUALIFIED SERVICE PROVIDER

A REAL GOOD PLUMBER, INC
    NYC LMP: 1307
    O:212-505-1837
    M:917-939-0593
  • Tim Doran_4
    Tim Doran_4 Member Posts: 138
    Options
    Thanks

Thanks for the input guys. I started out with microsoft money but quickly realized its limitations as my business became more complex. I am leaning towards quick books pro contractor edition at the request of my accountant but wanted some feedback before making the decision.

Tim D.

This discussion has been closed.