Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What do I think of this company?

Options
The RPA does not have a membership approval process that would allow them to disallow anyone from joining. So long as you haven't committed some kind of unbelieveable crime, and you have the required dollars in hand, you're in.

That is but one of the issues I have with the association. But to their credit, they are member driven and guided. So, if the members decided they wanted to start approving and disapproving membership, possibly at a major letigious expense, then they can do it. Which is probably why they haven't done it.

Trust me, if it were up to me, there are NUMEROUS internet entities that I would disallow...

But still, they ARE the only game in town, that I'm aware of that does only radiant. And people the likes of Hot Rod Rohr, Siggy, myself and a BUNCH of others are members as well.

It's worth the money.

ME

Comments

• MIke_Jonas
    MIke_Jonas Member Posts: 209
    Options
    Did not want to hijack a thread..

Went to radiantdirect.com, as mentioned in another thread. I think the pics of "overhead" installation are an embarassment to have as representative of the best a company has to offer. I am a radiant only contractor, and the people that would be interested in this company would not be customers of mine anyway, or at least they would not be customers I want to service.

But, the point of my post is how can this company be a member of RPA? This web site caters to the do it yourself market, that will specifically by-pass the professional contractor that is a member of RPA. RPA charges a hefty membership fee, hefty prices for training that is only good for one year, then they charge you again to re-train. I'm cool with all of that, but how can they support a company that is in business to by-pass the contractors they have as members?

Could someone shed some light on this for me? I was thinking of starting out the new year as a new rpa member, but why should I?
  • MIke_Jonas
    MIke_Jonas Member Posts: 209
    Options
    Point well made..

And well taken. Thank you. I'll join this week.
  • heatboy_2
    heatboy_2 Member Posts: 48
    Options
    As a member for the ........

...... third time, I realize it is the only vehicle we have. I, too, have some issues/reservations about who should and who should not be a member, but that isn't going to change anytime soon. The real membership of this club is why I have rejoined after a long absence. Belonging to the same organization with people like HR, ME, Wheels, the Icon (hi, Paul!) and many other friends is humbling.

It does seem like there is a split in regards to direction the RPA wants to take. We all talk about things like modulation, indoor feedback, types of mixing, but a majority of the advertising, I see anyway, is by the dumb it down side. Heck, Mr. Drake's editorial was about just that last time.

I guess I'm in this little slice of the big pie because of technology. It's what keeps me doing this. I love to see true advancements with regards to comfort and energy conservation. And since I'm too old to play major league baseball, I figure this will have to do.

hb
This discussion has been closed.