Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

underground tank

Options
J.C.A._3
J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
New Tank...HEATED space.(If the tank fits...install it!) Resolve yourself and the homeowner of all liability BEFORE it becomes an even bigger problem, and do it tomorrow if possible.

I don't know about where you guys live, but here on the "Gold Coast"...the bankers won't even wright a mortgage for a home with an underground tank...without verification that it has been recently installed...or tested including ground drilling to do "samples" along the oil line path.

Just too much liability there to even warrant NOT replacing it, to either an above ground or basement position.NOT JMHO. Chris

Comments

• burnerman_2
    burnerman_2 Member Posts: 297
    Options
    no fuel coming out of supply

christmas eve tech on call is home sick w/e so the boss asks me to look at a boiler customer changed oil filter cannot get it to stay running (he got a delivery earlier that day) 550 ug tank i tried my hand pump nothing tried blowing out line oil bath really bad finally ran a temp line from oil fill did they put check vales on these back in the day and if they did whats next dig up the line or 40 year old tank just install a new basement tank whats the opinion of my peers royboy
  • targetman
    targetman Member Posts: 105
    Options

New tank.
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    first. You did right. they have heat.

by drawing off a Known line set at a Known elavation you may have solved the problem for this winter. having it pumped clean would be a good reactionary reply installing a new doublewall UG tank would be the ticket.GL.

This discussion has been closed.