Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Filter for hot water heatr system.

Options
As it turns out, the system is dead! There was a fuel leak that I had to fix. After that I swept and cleaned the floor. Later in the day I noticed water was pooling at the base of the furnace. We called the experts and they found the water jacket/heat exchanger was rusting away. A replacement has been ordered.
Thank you for you response

Comments

• Frank Gonzales
    Frank Gonzales Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Fiter for a hot water system.

My pastor asked me to install a filter in the hot water line on the Church hot water heating system. He said that the system breaks down too often due to junk in the hot water. Is there a certain type of filter that can be used for this purpose? I consider myself a handyman. Can the average “handyman” guy do this? Thank you.
  • kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    Options
    not sure of....

that but if the system is that dirty it should be flushed and cleaned...then the proper chemicals in it to inhibit corrosion. What type of system is this? kpc

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Frank Gonzales
    Frank Gonzales Member Posts: 3
    Options

I don't know what type of system it is but I will find out and post it. I suggested cleaning and he told me that he did have it cleaned but he wants something to prevent the problem from recurring. I will also find out when it was cleaned and by who. Thank youfor the response.
    Frank
This discussion has been closed.