Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Protecting radiant tubing during rough construction

Options
I quote $450.00 MINIMUM. That gets their attention...

ME

Comments

• Brain Ross
    Brain Ross Member Posts: 20
    Options

I'll be installing both screw down Uponor radiant panels for a hardwood floor installation and staple down for a ceramic tile and mud job.

Is it wise to install the tubing now before the sheetrock is installed and if so how would you protect it.

I,m thinking that I should wait until the sheetrock and mud is completed and the install my panels and staple down tubing. I would however run my s/r manifold line first.
  • Brain Ross
    Brain Ross Member Posts: 20
    Options

I'll be installing both screw down Uponor radiant panels for a hardwood floor installation and staple down for a ceramic tile and mud job.

Is it wise to install the tubing now before the sheetrock is installed and if so how would you protect it.

I,m thinking that I should wait until the sheetrock and mud is completed and the install my panels and staple down tubing. I would however run my s/r manifold line first.
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    A wise choice.

Sheetrockers WILL drop and step on screws, Mud WILL fly off a hawke and land on the tubing...and dry there.

After laying any tubing, we always try to protect it with either plywood or luan until the flooring is ready to go.

Make sure you know HOW MANY home runs you're going to need FIRST!!!! Finding out after the fact gets messy and expensive. Best of luck Brian. Chris
  • Ed_50
    Ed_50 Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Loop to Manifold Connections.

Brian,

How do you propose to route your tubing back to the manifold? I generally drop under the floor then up to the manifold. If the ceiling underneath is to be rocked, installing the tube before will, more than likely, need to be done. I have more than a few couplings around due to other trades. My agreements state that leak repairs start at $225.00, per trip, to be paid immediately.
This discussion has been closed.