Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

thanks steamhead

Options
Chas_2
Chas_2 Member Posts: 104
thanks Frank you words of wisdom from one of your posts made em think and i found that last drip main and piped a loop seal for it and finally recieved the vapor stat and i'm runningit at 15 ounces cut out and about 7 cut in ,all is quite and all the return are draining back and no hammer at6 all through out the system,still having promblems with one main i pulled pull the drip cap off it's loop seal and found alot of rust and sediment ,i flushed the main out and did get alot of crap out of it but it still heats slower then all the main about 15 minutes lag time ,i have the landlord guys changing some vents on some rads being they removed all the gorton they had and upon some one else reccomedation installed vari vents i have advised them to remove and replace with gorton # 4 and 5 and install the 5 and 6 they have on the troubled main ,my personal feeling are the quality of steam is too wet and it just takes it longer for some steam to reach the end of the line but with all the improvemnt that the sysytem has gone through ,i still think a properly sized header would correct but you know 6 inch tee are not cheap espically when you need about 4 of them ,it just a bit to much coin for the land lord to pend thanks again frank for your input it help my brain fart peace and good luck clammy

Comments

This discussion has been closed.