Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heat only thermostat

Options
I looked through the entire Johnstone catalog and found no heat only programmables.

There's the Vision Pro, but it's big & expensive. It can be put in heat only mode so the fan section doesn't appear and the only options in mode are heat & off. It can also be set to non programmable.

Or when you sell a heat/cool stat, tell them it is all ready for you to come back and put in a cooling system <g>

Gee, I can't think of anybody around here that doesn't have cooling! I did put 3 VPs in a shop area for the 7 day setback and locking screen feature.

Comments

• mikebegood
    mikebegood Member Posts: 17
    Options
    heat only digital

I am using heat cool digital thermostats but I hate having to explain that the fan and cool switch dont apply. I have used the honeywell round but it dosent fit in a modern home. Local code requires a setback thermostat but they cause problems with the slow response of in floor heat sytems. customers always want small and modern looking and digital is more profesional and acurate. What are you guys using.
  • heatboy_2
    heatboy_2 Member Posts: 48
    Options
    My favorite heat only......

...... thermostat would be the Danfoss RET-B. Simple, battery operated and isolated contact. I wish they made the exact same thermostat with two sets of isolated contacts. Although, I can't seem to get them any longer :-(

• Bill W@Honeywell
    Bill W@Honeywell Member Posts: 164
    Options
    Honeywell's FocusPro

is a digital, non-programmable that is battery powered. It can be configured for heat or cool only; out of the box they are set for heat & cool. They are designed for conventional heating, however, and since the in-floor heat warms people, not air, you may want to try one out first.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,201
    Options
    I really like the Uponor (Wirsbo) heat only

version. Under the cover you can program high and low limit settings. A very nice feature for owners that like to set stats at 85 to heat up quicker. It also goes as low as 40 or 45 for shops and garages. Good looking and inexpensive.

Too bad they seem to be backordered every year at this time, so my dealer tells me.

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Glenn Harrison_2
    Glenn Harrison_2 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    I'll confirm what Bill is saying

The Focus Pro 5000 is my choice for heating only, as well as heat/cool non-programmable Thermostats.

Also, the Honeywell Vision Pro 8000 Programmable can be configured for Heat only operation, if you get someone that insists on programmable.
  • Brent_2
    Brent_2 Member Posts: 81
    Options
    heat only

I just spent a lot of time looking for a heat only thermostat. We used the Honeywell T8400B1018 and were happy with that but it was discontinued. Honeywell's replacement is the T8775 which doesn't have arrow buttons and is round so some people don't care for it. I don't like the idea of batteries. A lot of heat zones only have 2 wires. The only heat only tstat using just R&W I found was the Honeywell and a Robertshaw 300-204 which is more expensive and pretty big.
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 952
    Options
    Code

He mentioned that code required a programmable.

Does the Focus Pro remove the fan options and cool options from the screen when set to heat only?
  • mike glass
    mike glass Member Posts: 53
    Options
    heat t-stats

Try Robertshaw 9505. No setback, battery powered (batteries last 2-3 yrs. Horizontal, rectangular, easy to use.
This discussion has been closed.