Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Questions on a Viessmann Boiler

Options
2»

Comments

• Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    That mechanical room , certainly is a\" Mixed Bag\"

It has changed my opinion of installers ,to me it is a small miracle it even works at all.

the pictures would not represent someone who does this type of work for a living, none of what i see here speaks of remotely being in contact with any true sense of boilers much less systems.

the generous supply of sheetrock mud, paint and primer ...seems to indicate just about no regard for the equipment whatsoever. rather than go much deeper into it i think i would fire up a sawzall ,first. Discuss it, later.
    Weezbo *~/:)
  • Tony_23
    Tony_23 Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Yup

That's how I do it. I just quoted $ 9500 to make a system out of a bunch of equipment and properly install the correct tubing in a 1 month old house that's cold at 30 ODT. The HO said, "I've $10G in it now !" I said, "It would've cost $18-19G the 1st time with me, but you'd be warm right now."

My comment was tongue-in-cheek. I figured since the thread got hijacked, as usual, I might as well add another twist to the debate that has nothing to do with the question :)
  • Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Options
    Hi John,

I'm glad I could help.

Yes, I think you understood me correctly. The 369 series of Tekmar controllers can control up to 6 zones (via valves or pumps) and 1 system pump. That's the one I have in my home and I am very happy with it. Here, it's running 5 pump zones. For another installation in ME that I was involved with peripherally, each 369 controls 4 zone valves and powers 1 pump whenever a zone on a controller is calling for heat.

If I am reading the documentation correctly on that controller, you could use it to run the whole house. The system pump only comes on whenever a zone that uses a zone valve calls for heat. Thus, you could wire in the high temp zones and set the controller for them to "pump". The remaining three RFH zones could be classified as "zone valve" , which then turn on the system pump whenever their zones call for heat (in addition to opening the valve).

Could someone be kind enough to confirm this to be right?

I'm also glad to hear that you too have had good experiences with Viessmann tech support. Furthermore, your attention to detail should have these folk singing your name in praises for years to come. Congratulations on the save and your dedication to doing it right. I look forward to the after pictures!
This discussion has been closed.